Y's 6 Translation patch

vbt

Staff member
Y's 6 Translation patch

Did someone here tried already to use the NightWolve's translation of Y's 6 ? I've installed it and I have the feeling only menus and name are translated. Is it really the case or I did something wrong ?

I can't find information about the status of this translation. :(

Y's 6 Translation patch

I always wondered if that was pronounced "wise" or "eeys". Never really got into the series.

And if it is pronounced "wise"... then it should be Y's as it is called "Ys Adventure" and that would be a possesive (edit: I said pobbesive, hahaha). If it is pronounced "eeys" though then it is fine and proper; not that I should have room to talk with the pathetic grammar I have.

Y's 6 Translation patch

I always pronounced it 'eese' as in 'Reese', not sure if that's right though.

Y's 6 Translation patch

That's more or less right, as far as I can tell; it's written "イース" (roughly transliterates as "iisu") in katakana. I think that should be considered as an Esterian-to-Japanese transliteration rather than the authoritative spelling, though. ;)

Getting back to the point...

vbt, where did you get that patch?

Y's 6 Translation patch

Originally posted by ExCyber@Mon, 2005-11-14 @ 05:23 PM

vbt, where did you get that patch?

[post=141725]Quoted post[/post]​

No idea :blush: I was not able to find again the link even on rigg. The file is called Ys6_US_Patch.exe .

Y's 6 Translation patch

D'oh! I know there's a forum where Nightwolve hangs out and gives status updates and the like, but I can't remember the address. :(

Y's 6 Translation patch

Originally posted by ExCyber@Mon, 2005-11-14 @ 09:48 PM

D'oh! I know there's a forum where Nightwolve hangs out and gives status updates and the like, but I can't remember the address. :(

[post=141733]Quoted post[/post]​

It's here :

http://rigg.arrowsmash.com/mb/ikonboard.cgi

I searched a little more in ths forum and the translation patch was removed for legal reasons. :(

Y's 6 Translation patch

That's not the board I was thinking of; there's another one on an Ys fansite...

I take it that Konami (has the US/Canada publishing rights AFAIK) asked someone to take it down?

Back