Zelda II

calganagain

Ban Hammered
What was wrong with it? It is the most hated zelda game people actually have played unlike the CDI games which most hate but haven't played. What did you think of it?

I never thought of it as a Zelda game at all. The main problem with it was that it was so much different then all the other Zelda games that were released, mainly due to the platformer type gameplay and perspective that it used, as aposed to the top down view that most other Zelda games had. It always felt like a realy crapy side scroller to me.

The main problem with it was that it was so much different then all the other Zelda games that were released, mainly due to the platformer type gameplay and perspective that it used, as aposed to the top down view that most other Zelda games had.
You wouldn't have been able to make such a comparison at the time unless you mean one of the game and watch zeldas and zelda I.

Most people that played Zelda II did so after they had played Zelda I. So I think it is a comparison that should and was made.

With that logic, the new zelda's all suck too, only the first one, the ones on the gameboy, and the SNES ones are good. Heaven forbid 'change' I liked the game, it was hard as balls though.

I never meant that the newer 3D Zelda's suck, I actualy think that so far they have been very worthy aditions to the series. I simply meant that back then, when games didn't have the option of going 3D, most people would rather of had a top down view in the Zelda games as opposed to a side scroling one.

I also thought that it was a great game. Crappy sidescroller? uh huh... It was the game that got me hooked on the series. I used to like it better than the original, and i still like it better than OoT, MM, and LA (havent played through the oracles yet.)

I thought it was pretty good too, It was long and the all dungeons save for the last weren't boring. I didn't like the level up system though.
Hehe, yeah it was hard, getting the hammer was a pain in the ass.

I'd like to know do any of you feel really good when getting a key item in zelda games, like when link holds up the Master Sword in part 1, don't you guys feel the greatest sense of accomplishment?

Back