2 New Sega CD Games

Good Deal Games has released two new games for the American market, Battle Frenzy and Marko.

Both of these games were originally European-only releases. Battle Frenzy was released under the same name in Germany, and under the title Bloodshot in the rest of Europe, while Marko was released as Marko's Magic Football.

American releases were apparently planned while the Sega CD was still alive, as GamePro magazine did rull reviews of both. GamePro even listed them both as "available now" in anticipation of their release by the time the issues were on the shelf.

The european release of Battle Frenzy was on the MegaDrive, not the MegaCD?

So, my question is, did they actually improve anything for the MegaCD version, or is this a directly port of the MegaDrive version?

I've played the megadrive version, and it's rather choppy. I know the MegaCD is capable of far far better, smoother 3-D :):cough:: 2D scaled rotated) graphics (just take a look at how amazingly smooth Thunderstrike or Batmat Returns or SoulStar is). So I was hoping the MegaCD version would have been souped up. However, the graphics on GoodDealGame's website seem to look identical to the MegaDrive version.

Anyone got any more info?

Thanks,

JMT.

battle frenzy was released on both the mega drive and the mega cd. you can see a picture of the box at http://segacd.org/segabase/CD-Bloodshot.html

i assume thats the german box. the game has selectable languages, and in german mode the title is battle frenzy. in ever other mode, the title is bloodshot. i've also seen pics of the mega drive box which says bloodshot.

I swear, that game was not listed on the segacd base back when it used to be up on the atani-software host. I rigorously and painstakingly went through every single game on that page about 20 times looking to accumulate a list of all games I might possibly like so I could start looking for them on e-bay. If battle frenzy was on that list a year to 6 months ago, I swear I would have seen it, and it would have been put on my list.

Either way, my question is still the same. Is the animation better than on the megadrive version?

JMT.

It wasnt there 6 months ago. I downloaded the zip of the whole segabase site as it was when the site when down and put it up at my site (segacd.org). I've been updating the sega cd info as it comes to me. I added totally new pages for Bloodshot, Theme Park, and The Smurfs. I created a page for the Time Cop and Marko entries and also moved a couple games to more appropriate sections. Anything with a modified [by segacd.org] at the bottom of the page has been modified by me. I am trying to keep as much of the original info intact as I go about updating things.

I've never played Bloodshot on the mega drive, but the mega cd version is very playable if nothing else. Better than Duke Nukem 3D for the genesis/md.

http://segacd.org

Back