Alienware dual PCIe GPU boards

Alexvrb

Established Member
Dual GPU Alienware systems. Think voodoo 2, only more expensive. Well, at least they've captured the highest of the high-end. It *is* interesting, even if it is bound to be ridiculously costly.

"Hmm, should I get a car, or buy one of those new Alienwares?"

NOBODY else find this modified mainboard capable of running two seperate graphics cards together interesting?? I mean, I KNOW its next to useless... but its cool to think about!

I dont see really how much of a gain u would get.....how many games aren't runable w/ a 9800xt? or even the new chip (forgot it's name..haha)? None...I am sure dual cards would make yer PC a powerhouse but it's not needed ya know?

Originally posted by racketboy@May 16, 2004 @ 05:37 PM

hasn't AGP been capable of doing this for years, but nobody has made a mobo with 2 AGP slots?

No, AGP bus technically only supports 1 device until AGP 3.0.

And if you don't want the dual graphics card PCIE thing, you can at least still use the second PCIE slot for something else, unlike with dual AGP.

Originally posted by IceMan2k@May 17, 2004 @ 02:06 AM

Sorry but I don't like Alienware. They are the biggest rip offs you could ever buy.

Of course they are. Hence the comments about ridiculously expensive and choosing between one and a new car. But if the technology used in their mainboard makes its way into boards available seperately on the market, that would be more interesting. Also as Tag pointed out, PCIe is very flexible. You could throw a card in that would take advantage of the extra bandwidth available vs a 1 lane PCIe slot.

Originally posted by Pearl Jammzz@May 17, 2004 @ 08:50 AM

Alienware = teh gay!

(sorry for the Gallstaff-esque post)

Hey careful there, you might incur the wrath of Gallstaff. :hehehe:

Back