Amiga Kick Switch

Calling out all Amiga buff's i'm searching for a 3-Way Kick Switch for my Amiga.

I've searched Ebay but no luck... also other various auction site's and places, If anyone know's of a retailer that still produces Kick Switch's then please tell me. :)

kickboardplus_sm.gif
:cheers

I'm not (yet) an Amiga guru, but as I understand it rekicking eats up 512K of Fast RAM and takes longer than a direct boot.

The idea of the kick switch is simple all it does it change the rom.. i don't believe it would eat up any of the fast ram.

The only main side effects you would have with older kick's is certain things being disabled such as the IDE interface on the a600 or the extended memory and various other small things.

But all in all that is fine because the idea of it is to make it act like an older system which it does or a newer system which it does also enabling you to run the latest Amiga OS.

With expansion cards too of course depending on your Amiga model.

Originally posted by it290@May 13, 2004 @ 04:29 PM

Looks pretty nice, but why not just softkick?

Doesn't cure incompatibily issue's that older or newer games have that depend on instructions in the Kick Rom Chip

Yes, softkicking eats up Fast RAM, but that doesn't really matter if you're using it to play old games anyway. I never had any ROM related incompatibility problems either, only CPU/peripheral related issues.

Back