annoying tv problems

this has been rather irritating. im all out of ideas right now.

let me describe the situation for u.

the girlfriend, as they do, has messed around with her av equipment and somehow buggered it up.

the original setup consisted of the foxtel digital unit, tuned to AV1, which plugged in using the scart-2-rca on the back. there was also a dvd player plugged in through the other av input.

now for some reason, the foxtel digital unit now goes through the rf socket and is tuned in like a regular channel. the AV channels are completely useless for some reason. no matter what ive plugged in there nothing shows up on the screen. ive tried removing the foxtel unit completely and still cant get anything to display on the av channel. i've tried changing cords and also tried the dvd player on another tv where it worked fine.

a foxtel rep setup the tv originally when foxtel went through the av channel.

only thing i can think of is that something is set on the tv so it only will recieve the foxtel signal through the av?? BUT also the foxtel doesnt work through the av either now. wot the hell is going on?

traces of woteva is plugged into av1 are evident when changing between the av channels. its like the av isnt tuned in, but then there is no option to tune it and since when do u?

any ideas????

Back