Anybody Play Rent-A-Hero?

racketboy

Established Member
I just watched a nice video clip of the upcoming XBox port.

I was wondering if anybody has played much of the original DC game.

Is the language barrier a problem at all?

How's the actual gameplay/controls?

Reviews in my GMR mag say its a bad port because of its outdated graphics. They said it should stay in japan where they like strange games like this. But, i'm glad there bringing it over. I would like to play it.

Originally posted by Shitface@Aug 7, 2003 @ 04:36 PM

Reviews in my GMR mag say its a bad port because of its outdated graphics. They said it should stay in japan where they like strange games like this. But, i'm glad there bringing it over. I would like to play it.

From the looks of it, the gameplay looks quite fun

The graphics aren't the greatest -- even for the DC, but as we all know, graphics don't make the game

Originally posted by racketboy+Aug 7, 2003 @ 11:39 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(racketboy @ Aug 7, 2003 @ 11:39 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Shitface@Aug 7, 2003 @ 04:36 PM

From the looks of it, the gameplay looks quite fun

The graphics aren't the greatest -- even for the DC, but as we all know, graphics don't make the game [/b][/quote]

:agree

Couldn't agree with you more.

looks great!...tho the burger bar looks so much like the one in station square of Sonic Adventure to me!

...think i'm gonna go play rent-a-hero's theme from Fighters Megamix! :p

does anyone have any info on the DC version??

the xbox looks sweet, and at 39.99 its well worth it.

:agree

Originally posted by Supergrom@Aug 8, 2003 @ 02:38 PM

Well, for what its worth, the DC import got an 8.4 from IGN.

well that review said it might be pretty hard to figure out if you don't know Japanese.

So I'm not thinking it's gonna be worth picking up the DC version

I'll just wait til someday I play the XBox version

Originally posted by racketboy+Aug 8, 2003 @ 02:55 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(racketboy @ Aug 8, 2003 @ 02:55 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Supergrom@Aug 8, 2003 @ 02:38 PM

Well, for what its worth, the DC import got an 8.4 from IGN.

well that review said it might be pretty hard to figure out if you don't know Japanese.

So I'm not thinking it's gonna be worth picking up the DC version

I'll just wait til someday I play the XBox version [/b][/quote]

:agree .....gotta be the best bet!

cool, thanks guys, I wasn't aware this came out for DC, I will have to get me a copy, thanks.

:cheers

sadly no, (but on another note I got some of those speak japanese computer training things, so soon I might). but anyway, I collect DC shit, so I need this... sweet.

:lol:

That game looks humerous, worth a rent (*sigh*, pun NOT intended) or maybe even a pickup from a bargain bin... I remember seeing this on a Japanese best selling list long ago and looked up a few reviews for this game.

I remember a game I wanted to try was some roomate game for the dc, it was another crazy Japanese game, you pretty much just watch a guy live his life in his apartment and can only do little things like read his diary and move stuff around - you can make his day miserable by misplacing all the things in his apartment :lol:

How can that not be a great game?

---Ammut

I am currently eyeing a cheap copy on ebay.. hope I win, thanks how did you like it after getting all the way through?

hmmm thanks.. I am gonna get me a copy.. wooooooooooooo hoooooooooo do you know if there is a translation out there?

Back