Anyone get the Funimation Channel?

Does anyone get the Funimation channel, a 24/7 Japanese anime channel. They show stuff like dragon ball, revolutionary girl utena, lupin, case closed, slayers, spiral, baki the grappler, fruits basket?, kiddy grade, tenchi muyo, kodocha, blue gender, hare and guu, his and her circumstances, negima, and pandalian.

Funimation channel originally started, to broadcast through over the air (digital antenna) services for free all over the US, to sell anime boxsets, etc. They thought that if they could reach a large enough audience, they could both provide 24/7 anime all over the US and make money selling the dvd sets etc to many of those who watch.

They started contracting out to other stations to air their shows, but many of those contracts are up and they aren't renewing them, apparently because of lack of viewers, although there are a few stations that are sticking around.

Some cable providers show the channel, and you can actually get it free if you have a c-band satellite dish and a 4dtv receiver. Dish network is said to have one channel that occasionally shows funimation content on a channel called Colours TV, 10PM to 12AM EST, at least that's what was reported in 2006. So, maybe someone could check that now and see if they still show funimation stuff on it.

Most of the stuff, I'm not really into, but I kind of like case closed and slayers.

I don't have the channel OTA, but luckily do have a c-band satellite dish and a 4dtv. So, I get a few cool channels free like this, blackbelt tv, and american life tv (ispy, combat!, mission impossible, several older shows). Unfortunately, we lost b-mania *frown*

Back