Anyone offering Saturn Mod Service

Yep, Do you have a modchip already? If not, I would have to get one from Racketboy, and I could do it. You have a model 2 system correct? Get back to me :)
 
Hey LordofDuct.

Actually, msg penpen, because I am in Canada, and it'll cost more for PenPen to send it to me then to send it to you. We talked about this, and he is trying to find a good shipping rate, but he'll save money and time going your route.

Cheers
 
Not sure if anyone here is willing to, but might as well ask. I'm in the process of making a website which will basically have reviews of modchips and backup devices. It'll be a non-profit site ;)

But I was wondering if anyone would be able to supply me with a free install in my saturn for the price of... free!

I'll supply the chip. I just haven o soldering skill but was wondering if there was anyone who would like to help me out on my project.
 
Originally posted by PenPen@Mon, 2005-07-11 @ 06:20 PM

Not sure if anyone here is willing to, but might as well ask. I'm in the process of making a website which will basically have reviews of modchips and backup devices. It'll be a non-profit site ;)

But I was wondering if anyone would be able to supply me with a free install in my saturn for the price of... free!

I'll supply the chip. I just haven o soldering skill but was wondering if there was anyone who would like to help me out on my project.

[post=136605]Quoted post[/post]​


not to shoot you down or anything but i remember reading several people here using electrical tape instead of solder to put their chips in. could be wrong.
 
Originally posted by Dyne@Tue, 2005-07-12 @ 12:05 AM

not to shoot you down or anything but i remember reading several people here using electrical tape instead of solder to put their chips in. could be wrong.

[post=136607]Quoted post[/post]​


Don't see how that's a shoot down or anything :p

but if anyone can confirm this and also have any information on exactly how to do this please tell me.
 
Originally posted by PenPen@Mon, 2005-07-11 @ 09:11 PM

Don't see how that's a shoot down or anything :p

but if anyone can confirm this and also have any information on exactly how to do this please tell me.

[post=136612]Quoted post[/post]​


Okay, hold up.

Horrible idea, do not do it. Electrical Tape is not the way to go, it should only be used as an extra layer of protection from shorting connections. IT should not be used with electronic devices to hold wires in place. Big No-no, as if the saturn moves around, or the heat of the saturn heats the tape up, and it peels away, you have a wire hanging there, with the ability to short out against other components, which could cause harm to the saturn, or people for that matter.

Stick to Solder, much more permenant connection, less problems.
 
Yes, even though you may only need to connect one wire to the saturn using only tape is not the best of ideas. If the tape peels off and the wire comes loose it is likely to come in contact with one of the other power sources and fry the mod chip.
 

lordofduct

Established Member
PenPen... Im in a generous mood... You still have to pay shipping though.

If you don't have the chip yet I can sell it to ya at the same price as Racketboy. They are the same exact chip as he has too.
 
Top