Anyone Playing PSU online yet?

Amon

Staff member
I am still paying for my WoW account but I might create a char online for a month or so after my exams are done at the start of december. I am also still making it through story mode. Anyone actually playing PSU online?

I haven't been here to SX in awhile, but I stopped by souly for this reason. I just bought the game last week... it took me a few days to get it running on my machine (didn't like the dell provided nvidia drivers I used for my Dell 3007wfp monitor... when released it needed specialized drivers. But now the regular nvidia drivers work. YEY!).

So yea, I just started playing offline last night. I plan on subscribing for the online mode very soon. I actually held out on WoW because I knew this game was coming.

So who else is gonna join in for the fun. I hope I see some semi-familiar faces (haven't been around in a long time... bought a house though :) )

not yet... this is off topic, but the question was asked here. But yeah I'm in the process of working on the place. Gotta carpet a room, reshingle the roof due to last years hurricanes, paint some walls, rerun all the wiring (adding cat6 as well) and redo the kitchen and master bath. Big project, but gives me a lot of stuff to do when I quit my job this new year. Gonna go to school full time and invest in the house.

I got the place for dirt cheap, gonna make it nicer and hopefully turn it around for a nice profit. That way when I'm done with my bachelors I can sell it and move to the 4 acres of property in new england I just got. Moving up I guess... though I had to lose a lot to do it :(

Short but to the point... Welcome back Lordofduct, I have been awol myself save lotgd. Back to PSU, I have the ps2 version but we are on the same server.

When you get online you should let me know. Maybe meet up and run a mission or two. In like a week or two I will be freeing up some time for this game as I am really likeing the battle system in story mode (though the voice overs are kinda dry in English... don't know about jap). Oh dear and are the visuals glorious, and I get to play like the PS2 guys as I have my joypad thingamabob. YEY!

The voice acting is way way better than what I was expecting.

Oh and, Karen's voice is driving me NUTS! It's so familiar, yet I can't match the voice with the actor.

I've had PSU for about a week, for the 360. Unfortunately, you don't get a free 30-day trial with this one. So, it's immediately $59 for the game and $9.99 for the first month.

I'm not really impressed with the game. It's not like PSO 1 and 2, or even blue burst. It gets pretty laggy at times, and I've also had a lot of problems connecting, with the interuppt request error, that disconnects from the server and you can't click on the "retry" button to re-connect. So, you have to disconnet it and then go through all the logon screens again, and back to xbox live. It has done this some times 20 mins straight until I could connect.

I've also notices that it usually sends you to a server that's pretty much empty, even when there is still space on the bigger servers for people to connect. So, you have to go to the cube to change universes to get on one that actually has more than 1 or 2 people.

I like the way photon art skills are leveled up. Instead of having to find each one either in the shops or by finding it in a mission, which was some times hard to do in PSO1 and 2, you just level it up by using it.

There are larger teams on this one, which can have up to 6 players. The voice team communications are buggy and we could never get the team chat to work properly, only one on one chat was working. So, if you plan on playing, you better have a usb keyboard ready.

The world is larger, but they make it seem smaller, because instead of using a central lobby in the game, for players to gather, they have many lobbies throughout the game. This splits up people. Some times, it feels like you're the only one in the game because of this.

There is a new shooting mode. I suppose this was made because some people did not like the auto target locking on normal mode. So, it's kind of like sniper mode in battlefield 1942. You can't move your character while in the shooting mode. Classic mode is also available, by holding the right top button while using X for attack. Using 2 handed rifles and such, you have a normal attack with X.

Landscapes and normal enemies just aren't that impressive. However, the enemies are pretty awesome.

Overall, this game just hasn't impressed me much at all.

Malakai said:
I've had PSU for about a week, for the 360. Unfortunately, you don't get a free 30-day trial with this one. So, it's immediately $59 for the game and $9.99 for the first month.

When you first subscribe you get a few extra days... think its 2 weeks or so, longer if you do a longer subscription.

Anyways a little off topic but does extra mode affect story mode in any shape at all?

No clue.. I played story mode one time, before subscribing to the on-line mode, and it was so boring, too many cutscenes. Play for 1 minute, get 5 mins worth of cutscenes, etc...

I must warn every one that they can not cancel their xbox 360's psu account online, neither on xbox live or on their pc. They have to call microsoft directly..

Back