Are Gamecubes getting hard to find?

racketboy

Established Member
I've heard numerous people online saying that they can hardly find Gamecubes anywhere -- new or used.

I haven't looked personally, though.

I guess this is because of Nintendo's break from producing them.

Any thoughts?

Easy enough to find them at the big stores around here. The Zelda bundle packs got pretty scarce around x-mas time, though. I've only occasionaly seen them in the used shops, I imagine for the most part those who have them are keeping them.

It's probably because of the shortage of consoles. Nintendo is supposed to be drastically increasing the number of units made. There was a GameSpot article about it--I can't find it.

If I can't find it in a local store, I usually go online and purchase it.

I know it was hard for me to find game locally where I used to live at because it was dominated by Xbox fans, so even PS2 game were pretty low in numbers.

Gamecube games are pretty hard to find here where I am. I tried going to Walmart and they have all of the lackluster titles. Other stores in the area have some GC games, but most are as good as the Walmart selection. I even went to a Blockbuster and they have a really small collection of GC games, only one dinky row (it's small conpared to the Playstation 1 row). Doesn't help that half of their games over there are PS2 titles. So, the moral for finding GC games is to always look at stores that only sell games like EBGames, GameStop, and Game Crazy; when renting games, always go to http://www.gamefly.com/.

Not too hard for me over in England. The rows might be dinky...but GC has a shelf or two.

Gamecubes themselves...yeah, usually supplied in shops.

Back