Are you interested in a Saturn 4MB RAM cart?

racketboy

Established Member
I'm expanding my lineup of Saturn accessories with a Sega Saturn 4MB RAM cart. This cartridge will allow you to play many of the best Saturn games that are otherwise unplayble without it. I will be selling them for $15.95 plus shipping.

They will not boot imports, but there are some other options availible to play imports: Playing Imports on your Saturn

I will get a complete list in the near future, but some of these exciting games that utilize the RAM carts include X-Men vs. Street Fighter, Marvel vs. Street Fighter, Metal Slug, Final Fight Revenge, and many other great Capcom and SNK games.

You can order them with my Sega Saturn Modchips to save on shipping costs.

I will be stocking up within a week, so I would like to get an idea of how many people would be interested in.

Lemme know what you think.

Originally posted by racketboy@Wed, 2005-05-04 @ 03:53 PM

I'm expanding my lineup of Saturn accessories with a Sega Saturn 4MB RAM cart. This cartridge will allow you to play many of the best Saturn games that are otherwise unplayble without it. I will be selling them for $15.95 plus shipping.

that's a really great price man. Most places I see sell them for about $20 plus shipping.

One thing of note though, is the SNK ports on the Saturn. If the 4Meg Cart is used, there can be some pretty bad graphical glitches in the game. It hardly makes it unplayable, but it just looks bad. The SNK games work a lot better with the 1Meg cart.

That might be what the switch it for on my carts (???)

I think it might switch between 1MB and 4MB.

Originally posted by racketboy@Fri, 2005-05-06 @ 12:38 AM

That might be what the switch it for on my carts (???)

I think it might switch between 1MB and 4MB.

[post=133662]Quoted post[/post]​

oooh... nice! Do you have any way to test it out?

I think the AR4M+ is probably more in demand than a vanilla 4MB RAM cart. After all, if you're going to put that cart to any use, you're going to need a modded/Japanese system to begin with.

I have had one person buy this and said the switch does toggle between 1MB and 4MB.

it290, I realize that, but nobody manufactures ARs anymore that I'm aware of and haven't found a good place to get them wholesale.

Datel originally made the AR; EMS is the manufacturer of the "Action Replay 4M Plus", which is by far the most popular "AR with RAM" cart, at least on this continent.

The one's that EMS make, are they the 4-1 meg carts? There were 2 versions that look almost identicle. Has anyone tested a cart from there that can tell me?

A lot of people from DC forums have told me to buy from here: http://www.ncsxshop.com/cgi-bin/shop/EMS-ARP.html

I just dont know anymore.... Of course I'd like the best deal possible, but new things keep popping up. Any suggestions?

NCSX is generally on the expensive side from what I've seen.

By '4-1' I'm assuming you mean both compatible with 4MB and 1MB RAM games.

The fact is, the only thing you can be sure of with EMS carts is that they're unpredictable. I remember there was a whole fiasco on this board when people were buying Action Replay carts by EMS and complaining, flaming, etc. about problems with them and such.

I had an EMS cart which claimed it was 8-in-1 or something, but I had to use a separate 4MB RAM cart because the EMS one was faulty (as a lot of them were at the time I bought mine).

That's just my experience. I'll leave it to racket to answer your question though since I don't know what carts he's offering are made by or how they work.

ed.-

Yeah by the way, I just looked at that link you left and if you're buying that AR cart from NCSX, you're taking a risk. That looks exactly like the one I had which was part of a defective batch. If I'm not mistaken Supergrom also got a bad AR cart from the same batch as mine.

You might already know this, but I guess it bears repeating given the context: Action Replays do not emulate the Power Memory. The "memory card" function just lets you copy saves to/from the AR while in the AR firmware. If that function is broken you're lucky the firmware runs at all.

Back