bartenders

i've noticed bartenders these days suck. i remember a few years ago i'd be able to drunk ramble with bartenders. 2 friends and i went out tonight and drank i tried to engage out bartender(who was a slightly desent looking girl) in conversation. long story short the girl was a bitch so we didn't tip her at all. now i mean this is a topic for the 21 pluss or kids who drink illegal in bars crowd. but i mean when i think good bartender the primary things they should do is 1. prived you with drinks and 2. to listen to you ramble about problems. jesus chris i hate how bars these days just go for the one objective hire girls who have tits. it's like great woooooowhoooo you have tits big fucking deal if i wanted to look at tits and didn't want to pay i'd look online or if i wanted to pay and see more than tits strip club or if i have a girlfriend(i have a psudo one) i'd fucking just have sex with her and not pay but have to put up with the emotional baggage that'd leave me gonig to a bar with my friends in the first place. blah blah blah i'm drunk hence why i have the signature i do and i haven't made a drunk post in a long time. feel free to ramble about how pathetic bartenders are now or some shit exp you've had with them in the past(i've have had many but too drunk to ramble more),.

Are you from Massachusettes or happen to only hang out clubs?

I know down here it's always that problem... all hot chics and if you even say more then your drink order (even asking how much it costs is considered more...) they think you're hitting on them! not to say im an ugly basard, but I know these girls are out of my league... because of there low IQs and gold digging ways.

When I went to Massachusettes I noticed all the bars are filled with dumb sluts as well. Down here it made sense because all there is is clubs. There are 2 dive bars I know of, and well they have bartenders that act the way a bartender damn well should!

Up in Connecticut (where im originally from) i have yet to find a bar that isn't seedy and fucked up. The new bar in my hometown (as the old one burned down) is fucking great. My brother and I walk in there at about 2 in the afternoon and go to sit in a booth when my dads friend and the owner sit up from laying in the seats of the booth.

yeah they had passed out there the night before!

WOO HOO PARTY!

All the bartenders here are really cool. In japan the bartenders tend to drink with you as well. Also, they love to play drinking games which means free shots. And on top of that, you're not supposed to tip. No problems here.

not supposed to tip? ok... do they pay really well over there or something or is it because it's just a matter of respect? Like all those different areas around the world have strange what would you call it traditions... or ways of life... whatever that you don't do. Like showing your foot to some tribe is considered an insult or other things like that. Damn it I am soooo uncultured that I can't think of any examples!

or maybe it's because I'm tired. I think I will go have a beer and drive to Dexter's house down by the elementary school.

I've noticed the same thing, joe. In fact, I think there needs to be an 'ugly bartenders union' so that the not-so-super-attractive bartenders out there can make a few bucks too. ;) ... Seriously, it pisses me off that these rude women with their tits hanging out are probably making more in tips than other bartenders who are far more skilled and courteous....not to say there aren't bartenders (both male and female) who are attractive and good at bartending, but they seem to be in the minority. Solution : don't hit up the new and trendy spots, they usually suck and are too expensive anyway. The older, more established places (aka dives, heh) tend to have better service. If you just have to go to a place that employs crappy bartenders, tip for service, not for drinks.

I will have to say... there are RARE 1 in a bajillion clubs/trendy spots that do have great hot chick service.

Respectables here in WPB has 2 bartenders who are really cool and as long as they aren't slammed with making drinks they love to chat with your drunken ass.

And it's not they find me and james attractive because she also chats with that kid sean who is well.... ermmm.... fucked up in the head?

Originally posted by lordofduct@Wed, 2005-11-16 @ 08:06 AM

not supposed to tip? ok... do they pay really well over there or something or is it because it's just a matter of respect? Like all those different areas around the world have strange what would you call it traditions... or ways of life... whatever that you don't do. Like showing your foot to some tribe is considered an insult or other things like that. Damn it I am soooo uncultured that I can't think of any examples!

or maybe it's because I'm tired. I think I will go have a beer and drive to Dexter's house down by the elementary school.

[post=141803]Quoted post[/post]​

I don't think it's great pay, but probably more than American bartenders pay simply due to not tipping. See, in Japan, everyone is polite to you while they're working. It's their job, they're excpected to do their best and help the customers out. Even at places like KFC they will take your trash and throw it away for you. So they get paid to do their job, they're always supposed to go the extra mile, so you're not supposed to give them extra money to do such. Whereas in America, people have really shitty attitudes at work (hey, i worked at a grocery store before, i'm probably guilty of the same) so they need extra incentives to be nice or whatever.

Anyway, no it's not weird traditions (though they do have those) it is just common sense when it comes to working, in my opinion. It seems to me as if Western countries have it kinda backwards when it comes to tipping and such.

I disagree - I don't see any need for forced courtesy if the customer is being an asshole, for example. I think the tipping system is far from perfect, but generally speaking, I'd rather have someone be kind of cool to me if they're in a bad mood or whatever than have them pretend to be nice, which I usually just find kind of patronizing and offensive.

see the bar we went to was just a small local bar it wasn't a club. i mean i go to clubs once in awhile i expect rude bitches in tight black pants to just toss drinks at me and that's it. but at a small local bar that wasn't busy i'd expect the bartender to just exchange a few words with you hell i wasn't trying to come on to the girl at all. The girl was trying to call her boyfriend while doing her job and made some comment about him and i was like "i have a girlfriend that's the same way...(the bartender walked away and sat down at the other end of the bar and read a newspaper)". that and she stole an extra dollar off my friend on his 2nd beer ok i can see maybe after 3 or 4 drunks try to pull something like that but the 2nd no. she denied that that's what she did even though 3 people said that's what she did. i mean i lived in a small town outside of harrisburg pa and they had some good bartenders there i'd go into the local bars all the time and just get trashed and bash on life with them here in scranton ehhhhh i haven't found a good bar since i moved back home after school.

Originally posted by it290@Thu, 2005-11-17 @ 03:29 AM

I disagree - I don't see any need for forced courtesy if the customer is being an asshole, for example. I think the tipping system is far from perfect, but generally speaking, I'd rather have someone be kind of cool to me if they're in a bad mood or whatever than have them pretend to be nice, which I usually just find kind of patronizing and offensive.

[post=141834]Quoted post[/post]​

No one is saying that you have to be extra nice to someone who's being a prick, I'm just saying that when you go to a resteraunt you're paying for the food, you shouldn't have to pay the person that gives it to you as well, that should be included in the bill.

Back