Baulders gate II

Shitface

Established Member
Hey i recently bought Baulders Gate II and it seems a lot harder than the first one. Well when you begin anyways. Anyone else a fan of the PC series? Not the console ones as those are ok but nothing as compared to the PC ones.

Is the expansion pack for the first baulers gate worth getting still? Or should i just skip that one all together?

Baldur's Gate is quite, but make sure you play Torment.. by far the best Infinity Engine game. Also, if you like that style of game, I recommend the following:

Fallout 1+2 (awwjeah)

Arcanum

Temple of Elemental Evil

Just steer clear of Icewind Dale 1+2 unless you want a game that basically focuses on combat to the exclusion of all else.

Don't they run off the same engine? (Infinity Engine, although yeah, there were probably tweaks inbetween the two games)

it's my understanding that they don't run on the same engine at all. The second game I think was based on a newer set of the d&d rules, I've also heard that it supports higher res's.

I don't think the res thing is the case (although maybe it is with the BGII expansion installed), because if my memory serves me right, the first Infinity Engine game to support 800x600 was the Icewind Dale:Heart of Winter expansion pack, which was released a while after the original BGII was.

alright these are the facts:

BG1 supports a max of 640x480 and the expansion does not change it

IWD runs on a tweaked version of BG1's engine and supports 800x600

HOW its expansion patches the engine to incoporate most of BG2's graphical features such as 3d spells.

BG2 supports high resolutions without its expansion but i highly recommend you get it becuase it completes the storyline.

the difficulty of BG2 compared to BG1 does not vary that much and i STRONGLY recommend you play the game by the AD&D rules.

IWD is alot harder than BG1 or 2 and yes it is battle orientated.

the expansion to BG1, TOTSC, just adds more areas to the map that fit in as side quests it doesnt play a role in the actual storyline of the series but it does contain some nice new equipment

Heh, nope, IWD does not run in 800x600. With the expansion pack, yes, but the original game runs in 640x480, trust me on that one.

haha yeh u right

i remember it said on the back of one of the boxes specifcally about 8x6 i thought it was the original

my bad

Back