Beats of Rage

As fans of the 'Streets of Rage' series that originally appeared on the SEGA megadrive/genesis, we always wanted to see streets of rage 4. But the waiting proved futile, and streets of rage 4 never came. That's why we tried to correct this mistake by making the ultimate tribute to Streets of Rage: Beats of Rage!!

So Beats of Rage is basically a SOR fangame, using the great character sprites from the King of Fighters games. The game is currently only available for DOS, but a windows version is in the works. Other than that BOR is fully complete, with music, 6 stages, a bonus level, and lots of fun. You can download it at http://senile.mine.nu/beatsofrage/

2bike.gif

Dammit! I wanna play this! But I'm on a Mac. Any chance of a Mac version? Why is it we Mac Users always get the shaft? This sucks....

Well we don't have a mac, nor know anyone with a mac. So it'll be hard to make a conversion. But you can download the source and make a conversion yourself.

Originally posted by bramenjam@Jan 5, 2004 @ 03:28 AM

Well we don't have a mac, nor know anyone with a mac. So it'll be hard to make a conversion. But you can download the source and make a conversion yourself.

Great! I'll try to get my friend to do it, as he is a programmer. Sounds fun! :cheers

Hey Ice, they're making a W32 version (aka in development).

Very good game! I like it quite a bit. Though it just doesn't quite feel right without the actual cast (I'm guessing for copyright purposes they weren't used).

On a personal note, I'd really love to see an SOR4 with all the characters, past and present (including Adam, Roo, Ash, and Shiva, since Shiva was pretty crappy in SOR3) in a 4 player brawl type game. Remixed SOR tunes too (overclocked has some great remixes). I may just have to take that upon myself once I find the time.

> Though it just doesn't quite feel right without the actual cast (I'm guessing for

> copyright purposes they weren't used).

Well, we don't have any rights to the kof characters either :)

Then there's no real good reason why the original characters aren't in the game, right?

Is this game a one-on-one or is it like the other sor-series?

The characters in BOR are significantly bigger than the sprites of SOR2, if memory serves correctly, so I guess that's one reason not to use the original characters. And it's a beat-em-up, not 1 on 1 fighting.

Characters aren't the same, but there are parts from the backgrounds lifted from SoR. The moves/attack buttons are the same.

Might I ask what language this game was written in?

there are parts from the backgrounds lifted from SoR

Only the bricks and the Pinepot in level 1 are from sor. We actually used more KOF background-parts :blush:

Anyway the game was written in C and assembly. You can download the source if you are interested.

Back