Best CD-R brand?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

venom

Website
Visit site
I'm a bit new to Saturn (been burning PSX for years) but the cheap spindle cd-r's I'm using don't seem to work. I have Pine and Samsung digital. So what is the best type/brand of cd-r to use for burning Saturn games?

Curtis

Website
Visit site
Verbatims are good too. Also don't burn your games too fast (no greater than about 8x is usually safe, the slower the better).

venom

Website
Visit site
Well, I looked further into the problem, some of the discs had black dots(holes) on them making the laser skip. Everything is going better now! I need to pick up more cd-r's tomorrow...

ExCyber

Staff member
The only CD-R manufacturer I've had pretty much a completely good experience with is TDK, but I haven't tried discs from many manufacturers. Taiyo Yuden and Mitsui are also generally held in very high regard. Most CD-R brands are not sold by manufacturers, so quality can vary even without changing brands. As a result, there is a lot of conflicting information about which brands are good. Imation, for example, has sold media made by TDK, Taiyo Yuden, CMC Magnetics, Ricoh, and Kodak.

mal

Website
Visit site
Quote: from ExCyber on 10:50 pm on Dec. 22, 2001

The only CD-R manufacturer I've had pretty much a completely good experience with is TDK
Me too. I've only used TDKs and have only had bad burns when running too much background stuff when burning.

Gear

Website
Visit site
The cdrw mod is useful to help saturns to read cdrs with less problems, too.

megametalgreymon

Website
Visit site
samsung discs used to give me problems on mine, and i did the cdrw mod

theyve worked perfectly fine since, so if your willing to do the mod then you should be fine