Better than the PSP : the MDP

vbt

Staff member
mdp.jpg

While Sega's Nomad handheld didn't exactly take off, Brazil's TecToy nonetheless looks to be ready to take its own shot at a portable Genesis console, although it's new "Mega Drive Portable" appears to be decidedly more limited than Sega's offering. The biggest drawback, as you might have guessed, is that the handheld drops the clunky cartridges in favor of twenty built-in games, including Altered Beast, Ecco, Kid Chameleon, and Sonic & Knuckles, to name a few. On the upside, it does at least appear to be a good deal more portable than the Nomad, and you'll also apparently able to hook the device up to your TV for some bigger screen gaming. If that's enough to put you in a nostalgic mood, you'll be able to grab one of these for about $110 when it hits Brazil on December 5th.

Source : http://www.engadget.com/2007/11/13/brazils-tectoy-cranks-out-mega-drive-portable-handheld/

That is not such a bad idea as long as it has games that you want on it. I think I like it.

20 games is ludicrous. They had that 10-in-1 genesis tv-plug for 20$ with all the same worthwhile games. Having the portable screen is nice, but I can't believe they couldn't put 50 games on it for that price.

Back