Billy Hatcher. . from the Dreamcast?

Hey Guys,

I just played the Billy Hatcher demo on the GC demo disc. The game is fun, but it really had the look of a ported Dreamcast game, textures and all. Was this originally a dreamcast title or is it original??

Originally posted by tsumake@Jun 13, 2003 @ 12:50 AM

I just played the Billy Hatcher demo on the GC demo disc. The game is fun, but it really had the look of a ported Dreamcast game, textures and all. Was this originally a dreamcast title or is it original??

Um... Billy Hatcher in its GameCube form would make the Dreamcast keel over and die.

The art direction is much like what we used to see on DC, but technically it's way ahead.

how was the demo??

if I had a GC, I would be jumping on that demo bigtime!

anybody else play with the demo?

anybody play Viewtiful Joe??

Billy hatcher was a great demo. Very refreshing gameplay, a twist on the genre. You will get Viewtiful Joe. Don't question me on this one. Get the demo disc (it's only ten bucks) and see the insane magic of the game. Trust me. :smash

Originally posted by tsumake@Jun 13, 2003 @ 06:35 PM

Billy hatcher was a great demo. Very refreshing gameplay, a twist on the genre. You will get Viewtiful Joe. Don't question me on this one. Get the demo disc (it's only ten bucks) and see the insane magic of the game. Trust me. :smash

Like I said, I would get the demo if I had a GC
smile.gif

So Viewtiful Joe is as good as it looks?

I've heard nothing but good, but in todays' "rush games" industry I'm always skeptical

Viewtiful Joe :9

The single best reason to buy that preview disc.

And soon, the single best reason to buy a GameCube if you don't have one.

Edit:

Like I said, I would get the demo if I had a GC

Go buy one. Get Smash Bros. and the preview disc with it.

Or wait 'till next month, they're going to bundle the Game Boy Player with it.
biggrin.gif

Are they going to sell the gameboy player seperatly at all by any chance? Cause i really wan't one of those suckers.

Originally posted by Tagrineth@Jun 13, 2003 @ 06:45 PM

Or wait 'till next month, they're going to bundle the Game Boy Player with it.
biggrin.gif

that's exactly what I'm waiting for.

I'm kinda hinting at my wife to get me a GC for my birthday (August).

All the hot new games for GC don't come out til late summer or Christmas time anyway.

And I'm not one to pay $40-50 for a new game either.

Originally posted by SegaSquad@Jun 13, 2003 @ 06:48 PM

Are they going to sell the gameboy player seperatly at all by any chance? Cause i really wan't one of those suckers.

yes they are.

I can't wait to be able to play my GBA game on the TV.

No more cramping to play. Also I can leave my GBA at my in-laws house (when I'm not traveling) since I'm over there a lot. (hehe -- I actually have more game systems at their house right now than I do at my place).

Originally posted by Tagrineth@Jun 14, 2003 @ 02:45 AM

And soon, the single best reason to buy a GameCube if you don't have one.

Hmm.. That's a pretty bold statement with Metroid Prime around and F-Zero on it's way :smash .

well....to all of the zelda non believers(sp) you should go pick it up....i pre ordered it and i looove it i already beat it but if you think it sucks rent it or barrow it from a friend....its as good as occarina of time!

It could have been as good as Ocarina of Time IMO, but doesn't come close for one fundamental reason - the fact that in thirty hours of gameplay, I never once came anywhere near dying. You start to wonder what the point of playing a game is if it presents no challenge whatsoever. I agree everything else is fantastic, but I don't think I'll be playing it again.

Good point. I feel the same way. Also, WAY too much sailing. Just yeah not into the whole sailing thing. Kinda wish it was like ocerna of time i like to ride my horse or walk there it just seems open to more freedom and exploring that way.

Back