NOOO!!!!!!

*Faints*

*Gets back up*

*Continues screaming at top of his lungs*

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

Capcom shall fucking pay for this.....

*Cries*

[post=122230]Quoted post[/post]​

So what exactly is wrong at having a higher potential user base? People with GC's will still buy it.

um, hello, corporations are profit based. and anyway, the game won't come out on the ps2 until almost a year after the GC version comes out.

But...

But...

But...

Even though Zelda is gonna be huge, there was so much riding on RE4!

This is gonna be tough to live with....

Haha - Genre: Survival Horror my ass! Horror is a theme, foo! And no, they weren't the first to have a horror themed game!

Originally posted by Zheræ@Mon, 2004-11-01 @ 01:43 PM

Trump card? Nah people are waiting for the new Zelda.

The problem is that we know almost nothing about the new Zelda game.

In the other hand, we have a lot of information for us to drool about BioHazard4.

Other than Zelda and the new Metroid game... what has the GameCube left?

Originally posted by Des-ROW@Mon, 2004-11-01 @ 12:55 AM

The problem is that we know almost nothing about the new Zelda game.

In the other hand, we have a lot of information for us to drool about BioHazard4.

Other than Zelda and the new Metroid game... what has the GameCube left?

[post=122243]Quoted post[/post]​

You're still ignoring the fact that the GC version comes out nearly a year before the other ports come out. This happens with other developers as well, as is the case for the GTA series for the ps2. The ps2 still gets the majority of the revenue for the game, but those that only own one system can eventually get the game without going broke buying other consoles for a single game.

After seeing the videos and screenshots of RE4 that I've seen, I'll be amazed if they can do a full quality port on the PS2.

I'm with skank. Big deal. Capcom needs to make money. The have shareholders to please. Viewtiful Joe was suppose to be exclusive. See how well that worked out. Hell, wasn't Code Veronica suppose to be exclusive to the DC? I prefer multi-platform games. Then I can pick out the best quality.

bailout.jpg

I know how Rolf feels. I think the cube also needs some exclusive titles anyway. Hopefully, if the PS2 version won't be released until a year later, then that means RE4 won't have to undergo cross-platformititis like Deus Ex Invisible War did.

Anyway, from what I heard, Viewtiful Joe is still meant to be played on the cube: it runs and looks the best on it, period. The PS2 version is for the guy is isn't willing to pay 70 bucks for a used cube and play it right (not to bash the PS2).

So, most likely RE4 on the PS2 will also be the poor man's choice. No sweat coming from me :)

horror is a theme... but "survival horror" is a genre. The genre is named after the themes that the game has.

I do agree though, it was not the first survival horror game made! It was the first widely popular game.

It's definitely a kick in the groin for Nintendo, but like Skank said the first console to get a game will get the majority of the revenue. Viewtiful Joe for example, how many people here own the PS2 version of that game? I bought the Gamecube version when it came out, why would I buy it again even if Dante is in the PS2 one? In the long run this decision will probably be insignificant.

BTW: What was the first survival-horror game? Was it Alone in the Dark?

The first one i remember is alone in the dark. But im not positive if it is. I believe it is though, i dont remember anyone really using the cinematic angles that is a kin to survival horrors.

Originally posted by lordofduct@Mon, 2004-11-01 @ 12:50 AM

horror is a theme... but "survival horror" is a genre. The genre is named after the themes that the game has.

[post=122269]Quoted post[/post]​

If you agree horror is a theme, then you should understand that "survival horror" is a theme coupled with an aspect of the game (surviving). And when we talk about genre we are talking about the gameplay - nothing else. Not the way the game looks, sounds, it's aspects, or theme. Only it's gameplay. And most of these (so-called) "survival horror" games' gameplay has strong foundations of the gameplay that it found in most "adventure" games. There is no reason to invent a new genre for a game when it's roots (gameplay) is alreaded founded upon another genre! The only reason I can think of why Capcom has called it a "survival horror" is for the sake of being innovative - after they started calling it a "survival horror" game, people started to "fall for it" - believing that they had never experienced a "survival horror" game before, and thus Capcom gets undeserved credit for being innovative. Load of bollocks..

EDIT: This is like one example of bringing upon the death to genres and all that they are good for. Take the music industry's genres for examples- completely out the whack..

Anyway, this is enough of off-topic talk I'll spur for this thread. There's going to be plenty more time for me to talk about this in the future..

Back