black sabbath

It's just a matter of taste, but in my opinion Black Sabbath (when Ozzy was the singer) sure is one of the best bands ever; and Van Halen just sucks ass.

dude, the original halen is indeed a force to be reckoned with. however, van halen and black sabbath have something in common: they both started out strong, releasing 5 or 6 truly awesome albums, then their singers quit, and went on to careers that were initially successful (i.e. blizzard of ozz and that "just a giggolo" song that roth did), yet were doomed in the long-run (see: the osbournes and... well you don't see roth anywhere nowadays, do you?).

i guess that it depends on if you drink or smoke the reefer. drinking party dudes generally tend to go for van halen, while the chilled out, red eyed stoner ilk seem to prefer the slower, darker tones that only the sab four can crank out.

and granted, i would rather listen to Van Hagar than pretty much all of the post-ozzy sabbath stuff (the first record with dio singing has a few good riffs, in my opinion). but the new halen stuff sucks.

but fuckin a man. if you're into all things heavy, it just doesn't get any heavier than Vol. 4.

hehe, as I wrote earlier it's a matter of taste, and I won't change my mind on Van Halen; "That's the suckiest suck that ever sucked!". :devil

I've never listened to Sabbath while stoned, I like'em anyway. (That's Marley time)

if you're into all things heavy, it just doesn't get any heavier than Vol. 4.

We wish to thank the great COKE-cola Company of Los Angeles. :)

Master of Reality is for pro-cannabis and Vol.4 is for cokeheads, and Van Halen is for drinking party dudes?

I think their "heaviest" song is Symptom of the Universe, Sweet Leaf is also "heavier" than anything thats on Vol.4. But pherhaps Snowblind gets on number three in my book, Always weak for whisperings (cocaine).

While were on the post-ozzy sabbath stuff and whisperings; anyone know what it is he's saying in Suicide Solution? You all know the part (2:18), "Get the gun and shot", wich he got to court for and walked free...

Originally posted by Twillinx@Apr 13, 2004 @ 09:13 PM

I think their "heaviest" song is Symptom of the Universe, Sweet Leaf is also "heavier" than anything thats on Vol.4. But pherhaps Snowblind gets on number three in my book, Always weak for whisperings (cocaine).

dude, under the sun! that riff is fucking awesome at the beginning. heaviest sabbath riff this side of sweet leaf. the verse riff is awesome too.

Back