Bleem!cast

How different are the bleemcast disks from one another? I read somewhere that they had planned to make bleemcast disks for many different games at once and had to change it for some reason (greed?). Do they each look for a cd label or a certain file or are they completely different. Would it be possible to make bleemcast discs for unsupported games?

i remember they did have a few betas that could run a few games but they had glitches and such sony killed the idea but the leaked beta did get on the net they did release ones that could play one game(metal gear solid,grand turismo,and i think the other was tekken 3) those sold for $10 a piece in my area to bad the version that supports many games wasnt released :( i tried the beta back when it was leaked but i dont really remember what games i tried

The beta version actually works pretty well on a number of games. Nowadays you can find some packs floating around that include both the emulator and the game on the same disc.

Well according to my research the beta does not work well on metal gear or play the FMV but the released disk does. This must mean the released disk's emulation is better developed and further on. The beta disk suggests that the emulation was developed for all the games together but released seperately for seperate games.

If we had all 3 of the released disk images then we could try to check what is different on each one and then try to make disks for other games.

Originally posted by EliteEvi;@Sat, 2005-12-24 @ 09:28 AM

Well according to my research the beta does not work well on metal gear or play the FMV but the released disk does. This must mean the released disk's emulation is better developed and further on. The beta disk suggests that the emulation was developed for all the games together but released seperately for seperate games.

If we had all 3 of the released disk images then we could try to check what is different on each one and then try to make disks for other games.

[post=142781]Quoted post[/post]​

I've got all 3 discs and the beta... i remember trying to figure out ways to get other games to play with the discs back when i first got them.. i didn't have any success... but the methods I was trying weren't very technical to say the least...

This must mean the released disk's emulation is better developed and further on. The beta disk suggests that the emulation was developed for all the games together but released seperately for seperate games.

Although there undoubtedly exists a version that is more compatible than the leaked beta, the released discs were tuned for their specific games -- so even a 'final' universal version wouldn't necessarily run MGS any better than the beta.

Back