CartDev Rev.B Setup for working...

so I found another set of CartDev Rev.B system but no documents...

what do I need to bring this up to the spec - working environment?

CartDev Rev.B

dsc001089oj.jpg

Saturn System Disc 2

dsc001072ff.jpg

cheers

that's very nice. is there a way you could more pics? where does that cable go to? what happens if you put that disc inside an un modded saturn? more details please! how much did you pay for this?

sure I could take more pictures but not until weekends...

the cable goes to the back of Dev box sitting below Saturn.

The Saturn System Disc is, from I've been told, like a boot disc for DC but for the Saturn. It will bypass the security ring check hence allow you to boot up CD-R copy of builds.

I got this thing years ago for around 1800 yen if I remember correctly - that's around $18-19... I do have another Cross Products setup boxed cost me almost 8000 yen a year ago.

Here you go.

Remember though, it will only if you swap with it or use a mod board, which kind of defeats the purpose.

Attachments

• System_Disc.rar
    40.2 KB · Views: 378
  • System_Disc.rar
    40.2 KB · Views: 381
  • System_Disc.rar
    40.2 KB · Views: 377
yep! unfortunately the rip won't work on normal Saturn unlike the System Disc that has the seciruty ring which Sarurn checks... unless you have blank Saturn CD-R with security ring the rip won't do you any good... unless you have chip'd your Saturn...:(

I've only just noticed, but my disc is a little different from yours dj898.

Your disc says "Columbia" on it whereas mine says "JVC". The part number is also slightly different, but the disc number KD02 is the same.

I guess that Sega just got different batches made by different companies.

I bet yours is black as well?

There are System Disc 1 and 2 and black one I belive were made for 3rd party developers...

Yes, it's black. I'd hardly call a different coloured disc only a little different.

I believe mine came from Imagineer as I got it with a beta CD-R of Virtual Open Tennis.

Ran it on my modded saturn and got the sega logo and the words "completed" in the corner is it at that point on the Dev machine one is supposed to swap the disc? , just curious:)

I believe that once "completed" is displayed on screen you would be able to put in a plain old CDR and have it work.

yep that's how it works. And Dev Saturn has the region setting rotary switch at the side as well as VCD port to connect to Mirage VCD unit to emulate CD imgae off that unit.

mal

System Disc 1 is on red for 1st party (SEGA) and all SD2 is in black for 3rd party houses...

Originally posted by dj898@Thu, 2005-02-24 @ 12:27 PM

mal

System Disc 1 is on red for 1st party (SEGA) and all SD2 is in black for 3rd party houses...

[post=130365]Quoted post[/post]​

No, really?

Thanks for clearing that up. :sarcasm:

Back