cell phone emulation

Well my contract is running out in a couple of months and so i'm thinking about getting a new cell phone. Now i started looking to see how prevelent emulation is on cell phones and it seems like there really isn't a cell phone emulation scene. I mean i was looking at the iphone and all i see out there is a nes emulator that seems complicated to get it to work. so is anyone here hip to the cell phone emulation scene and can give me some idea of what's out there(such as emulators for cells) and what would be one of the easiest phones to run emulators on?

My suggestions buy a cheap phone (one that works for calling people) not an iphone and the money you save spend on a psp which has a ton of emulators.

joe81 said:
what would be one of the easiest phones to run emulators on?

Basically any phone running either Symbian or Windows Mobile. There are tons of programs and emulators for both of these operating systems. I'm really fond of Nokia phones, so it's Symbian for me. Famicom, Super Famicom, ScummVM, MegaDrive, Master System, MAME ... The games you can run on these will last you a lifetime. Longer than your phone will, that's for sure.

can i browse the internet with a psp? ya i really liked my old nokia phone the one night i smashed it off the ground and put it back together didn't realize i put the bat upside down it didn't work so i destroyed it. then a couple of days later i put it all back together again and used a paper clip to jump the thing back on. i'm going to be going with at&t because that's what i have now and i have no probs with it(thought i'd add that in before anyone askes what company i'd be going with for service).

Yes the psp can browse the net -> The PSP Internet Browser is an embedded microbrowser. It is a version of the NetFront browser made by Access Co. Ltd. and was released for free with the 2.00 firmware upgrade on July 27, 2005 in Japan, August 24, 2005 in North America.

so how expensive is the psp's internet service? I haven't really been down with the whole new school gaming either and dont know anything really about the psp other than it's sony's handheld.

ya i assumed it had to do with just wireless internet. see i was thinking of a phone with internet because at my job there wont be any wireless internet access since i work on top of a mountain where there are no homes in the area(well there are just i'd be out of range for any home wireless routers rich people have set up in their homes).

As mentioned before, Nokia + Symbian is excellent.

I had a 1st gen Nokia N-Gage - no matter what people say, I loved it. Video/Mp3/FM, Instant messaging, internet and I emulated the game gear, mega drive, and nes (there were more available, but I didn't have to bother with SOR2 and Ristar always at hand). I had to switch because T-Mobile didn't work in my new house.

I'm having a tougher time with emulation on Windows Mobile (WM2003SE). Mame, SCUMMVM and NES works fine, but there aren't many excellent emulators past that.

I have a pretty decent snes emulator on WM2003, but I never play it -- and it really only runs stable without sound.

Generally speaking, I always play ScummVM on it myself. I probably would do the same regardless since I love those games anyway.

how hard is it to set the new psp's up for emulators. i've seen pages that talk about how to mess with the firmware of old units but they really didn't give guids saying the newer slimmer units. so anyone can point me in the right direction of a good forum for psp emulation.

hey, i got a psp fat for christmas and well the firmware was updated to 3.51 when trying to play a game so now i was wondering if any of you would be able to make a pandora battery and a jigkick stick with the latest version of m33's custome firmware on it for me if i send you a bat and a mem stick and payment for return shiping?

Back