Differences Between 2 Magic The Gathering Games ?

Hi folks,

Is there a difference between MTG Battlemage and MTG Duel of the Planeswalker in the one player shandalar mode ? I've read it's the second part of the "story" but it just seems to be the same game...

Thanks !

Djidjo

Aren't those like completely different? Battlemage isn't at all like real MTG, it's real time and it gets old real fast. Duels is more like an add-on/rerelease for the older MTG PC game, with more cards. It operates more like the real card game (much like the original MTG PC game and its first explansion Spells of the Ancients). Only the AI is stupid and it is buggy.

Just look at the in-game screenshots to the right of the reviews, they're nothing alike.

Duels of the Planeswalkers

Battlemage

Originally posted by Alexvrb@Oct 19, 2004 @ 10:54 AM

Just look at the in-game screenshots to the right of the reviews, they're nothing alike.

Duels of the Planeswalkers

Battlemage

[post=121318]Quoted post[/post]​

Screenshots aren't very acurate tools to compare game similarities. Essentially, if the genre is the same then the gameplay should be relatively similar. Never played that game, nor seen screenshots (I'll look at those ones above later--- too tired :sleep:), so I can't tell you straight away whether the games are similar. Sorry :/

What are you talking about? I've played the actual damned card game. It isn't POSSIBLE to have the game function the same in real time, and the screenshots show a really silly in-game play style. Look at the screenshots of the game in action, it's blatantly obvious that Duels is just an updated version of the original turn based PC game, which attempts to replicate the actual card game. Battlemage does not.

Ups sorry :rolleyes: ...

I didn't mean MTG Battlemage, I meant MTG "alone", you know, this game where you have to save Shandalar.

Duel of the Planeswalkers seems to be just an updated version of this game. Is it ?

Back