Do Saturn Brazilian TecToy games play on UK console?

I have almost every UK/Euro Saturn game and I am considering buying a few Brazilian Sega Saturn Tec Toy games to add to my collection, but I just wanted to know if they will play on my PAL console. I read on a previous link that they are the same as the US games, i.e. NTSC, but with PAL-M colours. I was also told by a Brazilian supplier that they where not coded and so should play fine on any Saturn console, so I am a little confused.

Also does anyone know what PAL-M colours are, and does this affect the games if played on a UK,US or Jap console?

Lastly, does anyone know where I can find a list of all Brazilian Saturn releases?

Any help would be very much appreciated.:smokin:

Brazilians games are US games, nothing else (Us cd in a new box and with a new manual), except Riven which has been translated to Portuguese.

So they all are coded for US consoles (no exception).

The Brazilian saturn is also coded to read US tagged CD.

This is not the CDs which have the PAL-M color scheme but the saturn.

So:

1) using a Brazilian saturn with PAL-M decoder will not work correctly on UK TV as TV don't have the PAL-M decoder incorporated in them (most of them).

2) using Brazilian saturn CDs will not work on UK Saturn as they are US titles. You will need a AR/Satellite card to play them, and they will play at 50Hz instead of 60Hz if you don't have a switch to change the frequency of your Pal Saturn.

3) for a list of Brazilian titles, you can find one on my site, but it is probably not complete as I found new ones from time to time. I am pretty sure most of the US titles got a Brazilian releases.

4) If you are in contact with a Brazilian supplier, please give me his details as I am looking for buying them myself ;)

Back