Does anyone want my magazine scanning job?

Dud

Established Member
I don't know what I was thinking when I told racketboy I'd be able to scan 21 magazines; one year later and I only have 60% of the first magazine scanned. This repugnant job has been staring me in the face every morining/afternoon as I look at my pile of stuff to do. If anyone can relieve me of this task, I'd greatly appreciate it, and as thanks, I'd give them my scanner if you need it, it's a Canon LiDE 20. Or you could even be a prick and take the scanner even though you already have one, and then you'd have two scanners, just as long as the magazines gets scanned.

Regular users only please, if you're new or I don't recognize you, you will be refused. If I couldn't be relied on to do this, neither will a member named "ismokerocks" with 4 posts.

These are all from the late 80's / early 90's. There are 5 Video Game & Computer Entertainments, 8 Game Players, and 8 GamePros. You can do whatever you want with them once they are scanned.

I'd do it, but only if they were Arcadia issues. ;) Heh, sorry. I like to be helpful, but I know I'm way too hardcore a procrastinator to be much help in this effort. Anyway, can't you take 'em to Kinko's (or someplace with a looser copyright policy) and get them rapid scanned or something? That would probably cost less than the price of a scanner.

Originally posted by Dud@Sat, 2005-07-23 @ 02:07 AM

I don't know what I was thinking when I told racketboy I'd be able to scan 21 magazines; one year later and I only have 60% of the first magazine scanned.

Dud, try to finish to scan it :) It would be already nice. Maybe you'll scan me some of your game manuals as you have a scanner ;)

Lol @ post. Sorry no gonna do it. I've got 63 european Saturn manuals staring me in the face as it is :p.

Originally posted by CrazyGoon@Sat, 2005-07-23 @ 04:30 PM

Lol @ post. Sorry no gonna do it. I've got 63 european Saturn manuals staring me in the face as it is :p.

[post=137137]Quoted post[/post]​

even just only one ? :eek:

Originally posted by vbt@Sat, 2005-07-23 @ 07:05 AM

Maybe you'll scan me some of your game manuals as you have a scanner ;)

[post=137130]Quoted post[/post]​

That I can do, manuals are short and require little touching up, I'm scanning my Shenmue II manual right now, actually. But these magazines are huge and need lots of Photoshopping.

Originally posted by Dud@Sat, 2005-07-23 @ 08:58 PM

That I can do, manuals are short and require little touching up, I'm scanning my Shenmue II manual right now, actually.

I'd be happy to put it online. :)

But these magazines are huge and need lots of Photoshopping.

[post=137155]Quoted post[/post]​

I know I already scanned a game magazine and I won't restart :). The scans are never perfects and need to be corrected or done twice(or more).

It's in french but if someone is interrested, it's about the 32bits war.

part1

part2

part3

part4

part5

How about someone with 5 posts? I'd be happy to help and I even got a bit of a collection myself.

I think that one issue would be that you're in Oz, whereas Dud is in the US.

Out of interest, which part do you hail from?

I'm in Canberra. I wouldn't expect anyone to send me a scanner as I have my own. But I wouldn't mind some old copies of magazines.

Originally posted by Kuta@Sun, 2005-07-24 @ 10:04 PM

How about someone with 5 posts? I'd be happy to help and I even got a bit of a collection myself.

[post=137199]Quoted post[/post]​

I suppose I'll trust you to do it, since shockingly no one else wants to. But, it will be expensive to ship to you even without the scanner. Will you split the shipping charge with me?

I'll help get them shipped if you need.

Just make sure you get his address so I can go "visit" if he doesn't follow through with the scans. ;)

Nevermind, I can't read... I would but 21 magazines is kinda a lot.

But if you want a regular user that is cheap on shipping I could do them. It would take longer then a week though for me to get those all done!

I would like something easier then these Saturn Case scans... I don't see them getting much use as no one really liked the tester ones of Albert Odyssey I put together.

Originally posted by lordofduct@Mon, 2005-07-25 @ 01:43 AM

Nevermind, I can't read... I would but 21 magazines is kinda a lot.

But if you want a regular user that is cheap on shipping I could do them. It would take longer then a week though for me to get those all done!

I would like something easier then these Saturn Case scans... I don't see them getting much use as no one really liked the tester ones of Albert Odyssey I put together.

[post=137218]Quoted post[/post]​

Yeah, if you could get them done in the next five years that would be great--that may have sounded sarcastic, but I think that is a good time frame and way faster than the rate I'm scanning at. If you don't feel up to it, I'll go back to negotiating a deal with mal and Kuta.

Well I could definately get them done in much faster time then 5 years. I could do probably 1 a week which would get them done by probably the 1st of the year. (21 weeks being about 5 months) I could help with shipping too.

Have you done any of them?

DAMN your giving away a scanner??? WTF!?

Nah I wouldn't need it, I have a Lide20 AND a feeder scanner (why I wouldn't mind doing this, just destaple and stack em' into the feeder and leave it running for a few hours!)

You see my mom goes through these 4 in 1 printer scanner fax machine other crap things every few months but the printer keeps wearing out. So I just take em' off her hands when they bust! Really good quality scanners they are.

I'll pay all the shipping costs, it's the least I can do. I'll give you one more chance to back out, PM me your address again if you're sure you want to do it.

I haven't done any yet, I scanned the first 80 pages of one of them, and they're all tilted because my scanner's internals are off by a degree or so, so I have to adjust the angle manually in Photoshop for each scan. That is also why I wouldn't miss it much if I gave it away.

Back