Does Drew Carey Have a Sega Saturn?

I was watching some Drew Carey on Syndication tonight, and noticed that Drew Carey has a Sega Saturn on top of his VCR. Does anyone know if it's a model one or model two? ;)

The Saturn on the Drew Carrey Show is definately a Model 2, I can't see the shiny black covering over the front of the system where the power and data access lights are suppose to be. So I'm positive it's a model 2, plus I'm sure the people who made the show could careless what gaming system they got or the model it is, as long as it was easily avaliable - which the model 2 was at the time the show first aired. There was a Dreamcast on the show once when it barely came out, but supposely Drew Carrey liked playing it so much, he took the DC home with him and they replaced it back with the Saturn system. Not sure if that's true though

(Edited by Grifter at 7:47 am on Nov. 8, 2001)

I noticed that quite a while ago too. There was also a stack of games next to it. I wonder what they are. Maybe there's a mint copy of SF3 or PDS there. Hmm.

Also in an episode of "Malcolm In The Middle," where Malcolm stays the night at his friend Stevie's house, they were playing "Sonic R."

Quote: from Grifter on 7:46 am on Nov. 8, 2001

The Saturn on the Drew Carrey Show is definately a Model 2, I can't see the shiny black covering over the front of the system where the power and data access lights are suppose to be. So I'm positive it's a model 2, plus I'm sure the people who made the show could careless what gaming system they got or the model it is, as long as it was easily avaliable - which the model 2 was at the time the show first aired. There was a Dreamcast on the show once when it barely came out, but supposely Drew Carrey liked playing it so much, he took the DC home with him and they replaced it back with the Saturn system. Not sure if that's true though

(Edited by Grifter at 7:47 am on Nov. 8, 2001)

Heh actually, if he's talking about the same episode i saw last night on TV, it was from an episode that aired on November 6, 2000, or somewhere around then, around 5 years after drew carey started, sounds like they are good ol sega fans ;)

i saw that episode also last night and they asked him if he was palying "sega" instead of going to work.

Back