Don't Abandon the GBA

racketboy

Established Member
At times I've really enjoyed my Gameboy Advance. The greatest thing about the platform is all the great titles that were put out using 2D gameplay. And just because the game is in 2D doesn't mean the graphics have to look like crap. The Advance Wars, Sonic Advance, and Metroid series have definately provided us with some quality gameplay.

However, now with the advent of the Nintendo DS, I'm a bit worried that nobody will continue making quality 2D games for the precious system for very long. Even Nintendo themselves have already put Advance Wars 3 out on the DS. I understand they want some good launch titles for the system to fend off the PSP, but I'm still worried.

Originally, the big N said that the DS was NOT a replacement for the GBA. Well you could have fooled me. Gameboy Advance prices are already dropping in stores and very few new GBA titles are being announced now that the DS and the PSP are the hot mobile devices.

Sigh...

Nintendo lies. All company's these days lie. Exaggerated, but that's the way I feel.

I'm not too disappointed though - Out of the few GBA games I have played, only 4 or so are worthwhile games to me. Funny thing is, those games were all first season gba titles. Some of the very first gba titles. Then, a whole lot of film/ game licensed crap filled the library and it became to much of an effort to find a decent game. I'm sure there are many other good gba games out there - but I can't be bothered sifting through the crap! Reminds me of the PSX library...

Perhaps a "best gba games" thread is what I need - you never did get around to posting that one, racketboy ;)

hmm thanks for the reminder.
I'll have to get working on that.

The most crititically acclamed game seems to be Zelda, but I just can't get into it.

Back