Dracula X Extended mod patch by paul_met

paul_met

Established Member
Update (v1.5):
  • Added a HARD MODE (selection is made in the title screen menu every time the game is restarted);
  • Fixed the palette of images of enemies in the bestiary;

Update (v1.5):
  • Added a HARD MODE (selection is made in the title screen menu every time the game is restarted);
  • Fixed the palette of images of enemies in the bestiary;
Could you give more details on the HARD mode? What defines the increase in difficulty?

Thanks!!

paul_met

Established Member
Is there any way to save the Hard mode so that you dont need to change everytime you start the game?

Thanks
The difficulty mode selection are made instead of audio settings (stereo / mono), which were not intended to be saved. I did not intentionally force hard mode to allow the player to make a choice. Not everyone likes challenges.

Knight0fDragon

Established Member
The difficulty mode selection are made instead of audio settings (stereo / mono), which were not intended to be saved. I did not intentionally force hard mode to allow the player to make a choice. Not everyone likes challenges.
I think he wants hard mode to be preserved when continuing a playthrough.

You can use

0605C710 (16 bits)

This will save to the save ram.

As far as I know, these 2 bytes were suppose to be for 2 extra relics.

0605C70F is also a relic, but it is technically in the game and is forced to clear out, so I would not use that one.

paul_met

Established Member
Saving the difficulty setting to a file is not enough. It is necessary that the save files also have a visual identifier of the difficulty, otherwise it will be unclear at what difficulty mode the recording was made.

Knight0fDragon

Established Member
Saving the difficulty setting to a file is not enough. It is necessary that the save files also have a visual identifier of the difficulty, otherwise it will be unclear at what difficulty mode the recording was made.
I am not sure what you are getting at here.
The save file has no visual identifier, it is all binary. All you need to do is reroute where you are storing the flag.
If you mean the save address, then 0x0605C710 (16bit) it is located at 0xB8 and 0xBA for 16 bit addressing, 0x5C and 0x5D for 8 bit addressing in the save file.

But you do not need to worry about that since the game saves and loads for you. All you need to do is either read from 0x0605C710 instead of the GBR, or have 0605C710 load into the GBR after loading, and GBR save into 0605C710 before saving.

Nevermind, I know where you are getting at. You mean on the save select screen.

That will take a tiny bit more work, but you can fit Hard, or an icon on that screen.

Attachments

• DX.png
    DX.png
    87.2 KB · Views: 41
Last edited: