Dreamcast problem

Hey everyone, I know it's been awhile since I've posted here but I know the crowd here can probably help me out. My oldest Dreamcast has an interesting problem... the drive doesn't spin anymore and when it rarely does it makes a clicky noise as it spins. Does anyone know what this could be, and if it's repairable?

Hy,

don´t know if it will help:

I have that problem if I try to play non-bootable games (import-games, not-selfbootable games, etc.). (1)So I guess your dreamcast is allright but the drive should be repaired. You should look at Lik-Sang.com to get a new drive.

(2)Another problem could be that your lense (or whatever the part which reads the GDs is called) is not on the right place. I had that problem, too and just ignored the warning not to touch the lense and used something to clean it.

Originally posted by RadSil@Thu, 2004-07-22 @ 03:32 AM

Hey everyone, I know it's been awhile since I've posted here but I know the crowd here can probably help me out. My oldest Dreamcast has an interesting problem... the drive doesn't spin anymore and when it rarely does it makes a clicky noise as it spins. Does anyone know what this could be, and if it's repairable?

[post=113073]Quoted post[/post]​

http://forums.segaxtreme.net/index.php?showtopic=16342

Try to ensure that the lens can move freely and is clean. Otherwise, it's probably the motor.

Back