• Rise from your gwave!

Dreamcast Soundtracks?

Discussion in 'Dreamcast' started by FLEABttn, Apr 20, 2001.

1. FLEABttn

FLEABttn New Member

Any chance in the future that we could get a Dreamcast Soundtracks section?

2. IceDigger

IceDigger Founder Staff Member

3. Mo Threat

Mo Threat New Member

or in the case of the SX world, patience is a virtua ;)

4. RadSil

RadSil New Member

Wasn't "Patience is a Virtua" from an ad for 32X Virtua Fighter?

5. MasterAkumaMatata

MasterAkumaMatata Staff Member

If it was, then it was a #### good slogan ;)

6. MasterAkumaMatata

MasterAkumaMatata Staff Member

IceMan2k: Not sure if it counts as an official soundtrack, but I have the bonus music disc from Grandia II, want it or is it too early to put up DC soundtracks? Basically, it contains the in game music from the GD-ROM.

7. IceDigger

IceDigger Founder Staff Member

I have that also.

Not sure yet about DC soundtracks, very new, dont want to get into trouble.

8. FLEABttn

FLEABttn New Member

Yes, we should wait until at least March (or is it May?) 2002.

9. Gear

Gear New Member

If you connect the dreamcast to a pc, you might be able to extract the adx files and audio tracks without many problems like copy protections, right?

The dreamcast soundtracks intrigued me a little bit, so I want to make some custom soundtraks from the gds I have. But I don't want to bother to make the necessary cable and get the software if it is a lost cause.

And don't tell me to extract the adx from copies because most of them are monoaural and sound awful (compare a copy of soulcalibur with the <must have> original).

10. RadSil

RadSil New Member

...which is why you should always buy DC games, right?

11. 3rdman

3rdman New Member

Funny, I was thinking about this today. I have 2 CD's which were given ONLY if you had pre-ordered the game. A Space Channel 5 "inspired" soundtrack and another from Jet Grind Radio. These titles were never sold and can't be bought...Does that make a difference?

12. FLEABttn

FLEABttn New Member

Officially, it doesn't make a difference. It still wouldn be illegal to put up. Unofficially, I don't think Sega would care. They don't make Dreamcasts anymore, you can't buy the CD (well, you could on E-bay), and Sega took no profit directly from these CD's when they were originally released anyways.

13. 3rdman

3rdman New Member

Well, If Iceman wants them, it's his. But, I got to thinking...although these soundtracks are videogame "inspired" they all contain copywrited songs. The more I think about it, the worse it sounds. LOL

BTW, does anybody know where I can buy the "official" JGR soundtrack?

14. defiled

defiled New Member

15. 3rdman

3rdman New Member

YES! Thanks a bunch. :)