DreamSnes

hey i played dream snes on dc..its dam slowwwwwwwww...does anyone know if someone out there update or fixed that problem? like nester 1.0 was horrible but i played 7.0 made me happy so im wondering dreamsnes is there newer verison?

Someone is working on a new port of SNES9x called Super Famicast. I doubt it's any faster at the moment, but it is in active development so there is a possiblity of a faster release. DreamSNES is pretty much dead.

Yeah, Super Famicast is still quite slow, but shows promise. I wouldn't keep your fingers crossed for full speed though. Certain versions of DSNES are faster on some games, I'd suggest you check the official forums over at DCEmulation.

Plus you can always turn off things to get DreamSNES running faster. But really, whatever you do, don't post at DCEmu and make it sound like you're complaining about the speed. It is a free project, however dead it probably is, and such a post would be flamebait.

Super Famicast has only seen 1 release so far, but it already shows promise. It is slower than DreamSNES though.

dsnes is practically full speed w/ no sound.... super famicast probably wont get to be full speed, but maybe as fast as dsnes by the time the give up..

To the extent that they've been working on it, it seems that the DreamSNES guys have primarily been focusing on stuff that was to be contributed back to the main snes9x tree. They're probably also waiting for some other stuff to fall into place in the main tree before making another release...

thanks for info..i went to check out the site dcemulation,, n that i downloaded the latest verison of dreamsnes,,whoa its still the same thing ..slow etc..but im looking forward for them to make newer verison i hope :blink:

Originally posted by muffinman943@Feb 11, 2004 @ 12:06 AM

dsnes is practically full speed w/ no sound.... super famicast probably wont get to be full speed, but maybe as fast as dsnes by the time the give up..

I don't know about that. It's already quite good without sound, enabling the sound core pushes it over the edge though. As Mask said the source is available, which alas does not hold true for DreamSNES.

Back