E-Reader Cracked

Check this out, the legendary dot-reading gameboy addon has supposedly been cracked.

http://spong.com/detail/news.asp?prid=6524

I wonder if we can get emulators on there now. LOL, j/k :) <------ (I spoke too soon, they are working on it)

And there are now sites on the net with printable barcodes. Not sure if this is allowed here. IF it is, let me know, i will post.

I don't see why it wouldn't be allowed as long as it's homebrew and not piract, but for approximately the 593475983489th time, this sort of thing is what Tendoweb (formerly NintendoXtreme) is for... :sigh

Yep, Excyber I do agree, maybe i should have posted it there, however since I thought more people go to SegaXtreme, and the General Forum is basically an open forum, it wouldn't be a problem.

Originally posted by Protosstic@Apr 27, 2004 @ 09:44 PM

Yep, Excyber I do agree, maybe i should have posted it there, however since I thought more people go to SegaXtreme...

It's a vicious circle really.

Less people post Nintendo stuff at NX because they think less people go there, which means less posts get made there, so less people go there...

You see where I'm coming from, right?

Everything that article said about home brew stuff seems a lot more applicable to DC. I mean you could run homebrew stuff on a stock system. I could be wrong, but I highly doubt the e-reader has a huge customer base...

I thought it was interesting that the NES games run on an emulator and aren't ports. Also, it's curious that they have another sort of "virtual machine" setup that sounds almost like CHIP-8 except based on a real CPU. I guess it was most likely done for code size reasons given the limited capacity of the cards...

Back