Ebay no longer allows linked images!!!!

Kuta

Staff member
The other day I got a shock when I tried to list a CD on Ebay. Got a message which told me it was denied because they don't allow linked images. The reason they gave was some crap about improving buyers experiences. Is it just me or does this reak of bullshit! The only reason why they would want to do something like this is to force sellers to pay for displaying extra images and has nothing at all to do with looking after their customers.

This monoploly Ebay has over the online auction market is definately not a good thing and unless another competitor starts challenging them then I guess we can expect to see more dirty tactics to raise their profits knowing that their customers have no alternative. This really sucks!

I dunno, I understand why you're upset, but on the other hand, it kind of sucks if people link images and the link is broken/slow.

Originally posted by Berty@Thu, 2005-10-20 @ 03:36 AM

I just host all of my pics in my own webspace now. Ebay is getting far too expensive.

[post=140883]Quoted post[/post]​

I think he is saying ebay doesn't allow that anymore.

Originally posted by lordofduct@Thu, 2005-10-20 @ 03:08 AM

I think he is saying ebay doesn't allow that anymore.

[post=140884]Quoted post[/post]​

Anyone else confirm this? I sold an item a few weeks ago and I was able to link pictures to my webspace...

Originally posted by Zziggy00@Thu, 2005-10-20 @ 09:13 AM

Anyone else confirm this? I sold an item a few weeks ago and I was able to link pictures to my webspace...

[post=140894]Quoted post[/post]​

Ebay help

If they have, they havent updated their help and I quote:

Host your picture elsewhere. Perhaps your Internet Service Provider (ISP) gives you some space on the Web where you can store your pictures. Or maybe you'd like to try out picture-hosting services like Pongo, Twaze, or PixHost. The Sell Your Item form has a field where you can enter the Web address (URL) of a picture stored on the Web. That picture will be displayed in your listing. To display more than one externally hosted picture on eBay, you'll have to use HTML in your listing.

File transfer software, such as WS_FTP for PCs (includes eBay user reference guide) or Fetch Softworks

Eigh... I mainly use iOffer now. No listing fees for shit that doesn't sell, 60 day listings, the ability to decline if an offer is too low. Downside is they've recently implemented some incredibly annoying and slow loading JAVA crap on their pages. But the whole no listing fees until it sells bit wins over that.

And no account fees like eBay stores, either.

Back