Elitetorrents shut down :'(

SkankinMonkey

Established Member

The Department of Homeland Security raided and shut down Elitetorrents today. Yes, bittorrent users are terrorists.

DHS has a few agencies under it, including a couple that fit in in this situation as the website was registered in the US but the guy who owns it lives in the netherlands.

Originally posted by Scared0o0Rabbit@Wed, 2005-05-25 @ 09:09 PM

DHS has a few agencies under it, including a couple that fit in in this situation as the website was registered in the US but the guy who owns it lives in the netherlands.

[post=134535]Quoted post[/post]​

Actually, the server was hosted in netherlands, the owner and a few other site-ops were scattered about America for the most part, though there were some europeans.

Yeah, I figured they would use RotS as a big excuse to go after trackers, since Star Wars's massive popularity among the more technically-inclined was bound to lead to staggering "losses" that they could boast about avenging to an eager press. How many people do you suppose downloaded and skimmed the workprint first just to make sure it wasn't total crap before seeing it in the theater, after Episodes 1 and 2? Heh.

usenet is safe
It's not so much "safe" as "not targeted at the moment".

eh i hate the industries that's all i have to say. the government is a pawn for the corps. yadda yadda yadda i'm drunk and i hate how the elite rule all

Back