Evil Seller/Trader

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR
B

BigDAlcala

I actually haven't had any trouble with buying/selling on this site just yet, but I decided to put this up for others to let us know. Site developers, please sticky this message and the Good Seller/Trader thread which is listed a little lower than this one in the Buying/Selling Board. That way we can have an on-going list up at the top to refer to whenever.
 

Cynnamin

New Member
Joined
May 29, 2001
Messages
598
Points
16
Age
38
Website
www.mindspring.com
um. If you have trouble buying from someone or selling to someone, you should let the mods know.

If I were to sell my entire collection to Guest1 and had a family emergency come up and was unable to finish the transaction immediately, I would be considered a bad seller.

If I sell Guest2 my modded SuperCoolFX and they wanted a SuperCoolEX, it was their mistake to make the purchase from me without knowing what they wanted. In their eyes I'm a bad seller.

Edit - Finishing my thought --

It is not up to the Mods/Admins to keep up with who has a good transaction and who does not. If you want that sort of tracking, take your ass to ebay.

There is enough stuff going on around here without expecting people to spend their free time seeing who is a good seller and who is a good buyer when they could instead be removing the STUPID parts of the site that are completely irrelevant, fixing the HTML, banning people, and giving us more of what we all want - CONTENT!

Now STFU, Rom-Boy
 

SkankinMonkey

Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2001
Messages
1,594
Points
36
Age
37
Website
Visit site
I actually think this is a good idea, I've been ripped off from ebay shit before (never think you can buy a complete set of ginsu knives for 5 dollars....and I was the only one from SX that didn't receive mine either :/).

So uh, yea, post if you've had good/bad experiences with people FROM THIS FORUM in this topic. Also you may want to include a link to the deal in question (thread, etc).
 

Arakon

New Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2002
Messages
705
Points
16
Age
41
that's why you wait for the price drop and buy them from your favorite email spammer for 99 cents.
 

soup or man

New Member
Joined
May 2, 2001
Messages
38
Points
6
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by Cynnamin@July 11 2002,17:41

um. If you have trouble buying from someone or selling to someone, you should let the mods know.

If I were to sell my entire collection to Guest1 and had a family emergency come up and was unable to finish the transaction immediately, I would be considered a bad seller.

If I sell Guest2 my modded SuperCoolFX and they wanted a SuperCoolEX, it was their mistake to make the purchase from me without knowing what they wanted. In their eyes I'm a bad seller.

Edit - Finishing my thought --

It is not up to the Mods/Admins to keep up with who has a good transaction and who does not. If you want that sort of tracking, take your ass to ebay.

There is enough stuff going on around here without expecting people to spend their free time seeing who is a good seller and who is a good buyer when they could instead be removing the STUPID parts of the site that are completely irrelevant, fixing the HTML, banning people, and giving us more of what we all want - CONTENT!

Now STFU, Rom-Boy
I think you completely missed the point of this thread, but that's ok. Since we don't have any kind of feedback feature like eBay, this is a good idea. I don't really think many people have had bad experiences with other forumers from SX, but it's certainly nice to know if somebody has.

Also, he wasn't asking that the mods do anything about the bad sellers, he simply asked for a sticky. He wanted it sticky so WE could reference it when making a deal with somebody, not for the mods to look through.
 

EclecticGroove

New Member
Joined
Aug 10, 2002
Messages
20
Points
1
Has anyone had issues buying from litespeedcomputers.com, you know the one linked via the SegaStore on the side?

I placed an order, the money was withdrawn from my account, and I have yet to recieve it. I e-mailed them about it, but have yet to get a reply to the e-mail. I wouldn't call them a bad seller yet, since it has not been an ungodly amount of time since placing the order, but it definatly would rank as being one of the slowest orders if it comes within the next week or so. But the fact that my e-mail hasn't gotten even so much as a generic "We're looking into it" reply worries me a bit.

EG
 

Sundance

New Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2001
Messages
48
Points
6
Talk to Iceman, I think he helps run that place.

I don't think Sega Xtreme will assume any liability for lost items. It's a private deal, person to person.
 

Myname

Member
Joined
Mar 27, 2002
Messages
1,308
Points
36
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by Sundance@Sep. 21 2002, 10:59 pm

Talk to Iceman, I think he helps run that place.

I don't think Sega Xtreme will assume any liability for lost items. It's a private deal, person to person.
I don't see what SX has to do with what he's saying. Iceman runs Litespeed Computers, therefore he should PM him or whatever.
 

EclecticGroove

New Member
Joined
Aug 10, 2002
Messages
20
Points
1
----------Radio Edit-----------

All came well, it's all good!

A bit late, but they tossed in an extra Saturn game so I can't really complain about it!


EG
 

dhau

New Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2003
Messages
169
Points
16
Warning to potential Tototek customers:

People, be careful and think twice before putting any orders at Tototek.

First I placed an order for MD64PRO, and it came in like 4 days. I was very happy.

Second, I ordered SF6 + some misc goodies for ~130 US$, and after two weeks of waiting and no feedback whatsoever I posted a request on status on Tototek's forum. A lot of other folks joined and told that they as well are totally frustrated with their pending orders for significant amount of money.

It is very frustrating. I hope all this will end up well, but try not to get into a situation like I am now.

Thanks and peace
 

dhau

New Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2003
Messages
169
Points
16
Originally posted by dhau@Nov 20, 2003 @ 01:54 PM

Warning to potential Tototek customers:

People, be careful and think twice before putting any orders at Tototek.

First I placed an order for MD64PRO, and it came in like 4 days. I was very happy.

Second, I ordered SF6 + some misc goodies for ~130 US$, and after two weeks of waiting and no feedback whatsoever I posted a request on status on Tototek's forum. A lot of other folks joined and told that they as well are totally frustrated with their pending orders for significant amount of money.

It is very frustrating. I hope all this will end up well, but try not to get into a situation like I am now.

Thanks and peace
Ok, I got my money back. Tototek refunded my payment once I filled complain with Paypal.
 

dhau

New Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2003
Messages
169
Points
16
Originally posted by dhau+Nov 23, 2003 @ 10:41 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dhau @ Nov 23, 2003 @ 10:41 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-dhau@Nov 20, 2003 @ 01:54 PM

Warning to potential Tototek customers:

People, be careful and think twice before putting any orders at Tototek.

First I placed an order for MD64PRO, and it came in like 4 days. I was very happy.

Second, I ordered SF6 + some misc goodies for ~130 US$, and after two weeks of waiting and no feedback whatsoever I posted a request on status on Tototek's forum. A lot of other folks joined and told that they as well are totally frustrated with their pending orders for significant amount of money.

It is very frustrating. I hope all this will end up well, but try not to get into a situation like I am now.

Thanks and peace
Ok, I got my money back. Tototek refunded my payment once I filled complain with Paypal. [/b][/quote]

Haha, actually Tototek rocks :)

Tomy offered me great discount if I reorder, so I've reordered my backup unit, and got it in three days. SF7 + 64MBit + DSP adapter shipped for less then 100$

I'm a happy customer ;)
 

CommanderBubba

New Member
Joined
Nov 9, 2001
Messages
78
Points
6
Age
39
Website
Visit site
Well this ticks me off.

Snatcher auction I was about to win until the seller chickened out with 1 min to go.

What a load of crap.

This guy from France, who obviously speaks English because he has a collection of English language, NTSC games he's selling, had a copy of Snatcher up for grabs. I was winning the auction, and then he cancelled all the bids and shut it down with 1 minute left on the clock.

If you look at the same seller, he just had an auction for Shining Force 3 end at just over 100 Euros (which is plenty expensive enough!). My theory: someone agreed to jack their bid up for SF3 if they could have Snatcher too.

I won't be bidding on anything from Monsieur dipshit again, that's for sure... :angry: :rant
 

muffinman943

Ban Hammered
Joined
Jul 16, 2003
Messages
387
Points
16
ok, Im probably the first to list a evil seller/trader. AAron........ about 3 months ago i sent him my stuff, and then he said he got it, then he said he would send it the next day. He finally pmed me again saying he was on a tour, and he would send the stuff the next week. Here I am 3 weeks later asking where the hells my stuff. he said hell include extra stuff, but I dont know if he will, since he is selling a grabbag. Im tired of it, and I dont think im gonna get my stuff back. if i dont get a response within a week, im filing for mail fraud.
 

Mexician

Ban Hammered
Joined
Apr 4, 2004
Messages
14
Points
1
somebody please edit this^ muffinman has requested me to tell a mod this
 

Xavier

Mid Boss
Joined
Feb 13, 2002
Messages
639
Points
16
Age
42
Website
oldschool-games.com
I won several auctions from somebody and at the end tallied up $17 for s&h handling of 4 games then he told me no he wanted $10 a game S&h i still owed him another $28 .

What do you think about this it cost $10 for the shipping $48 is way to much and I thought i was being fair by giving $17 .

So he refunded me my money and we left each other - feedback .
 
Top