Explain something to me in Kazaa

Hey I'm downloading a rather large file off of multiple users. How is that I can download off of a user who has less of file then I do? Like I'm at 50 megs so far, yet I'm downloading some things from a guy at 10 megs? What gives?

Dunno how Kazaa works, but at least with eDonkey you don't download the files from beginning to end, but in chunks in random order. So that guy you're downloading from maybe only has a fraction of the total file, but he can have chunks you don't have.

Originally posted by ramirez60@Sep. 15 2002, 4:00 pm

Hey I'm downloading a rather large file off of multiple users. How is that I can download off of a user who has less of file then I do? Like I'm at 50 megs so far, yet I'm downloading some things from a guy at 10 megs? What gives?

oh well when you see that it means the person downloading the file off the main server guy (the same as u) is just got less or more of how much is in the total file ur downloading. I got 3 peeps dloading a gtaIII radio patch of me right now.

Edit: oh i see what u mean. NO you aren't downloaidng off them, THEY are downloading off the same person you are. So say you are downloading off Person A. You and persons c-e are all downloading of him simultaniously.

What exactly is the radio patch? I played and finished the game without updating it... so am I missing anything?

Back