favorite system in the 80s

I"m going to go with in the beggining the atari(i forget what one i had and i'm to lazzy to find it) then towards the end of the 80s it was the commador 64(got to love maniac mansion for it especially when you microwave the hamster and when they call each other chicken shit, maybe that was just the version i had who knows i had 2 versions of it.)

What about the Amiga? Got mine in '89. Best 16-bitter (that wasn't a straight console, that is) to ever hit the market. Ahhh, those were the times. :)

Did anyone on the Amiga ever play 'Sidewinder' btw? I think it's still my favorite shooter on that system, ever.

I agree with Akuma on that one, I can still remember powering up my NES and playing teenage mutant ninja turtles on it for hours

I agree with Akuma on that one, I can still remember powering up my NES and playing teenage mutant ninja turtles on it for hours
Which one? I played the first one and it sucked IMO. The second one, a port of the arcade version with some changes, was the one that I liked and played for hours.

hands down, no contest. My first console, and still my favorite - The SMS. Still works and kicks ass (out run kicks the #### out of rad racer anyday).

I have to pick ONE!?

Bleah.

Favorite game for each system:

Atari 5200 -- Blue Print, Montezuma's Revenge

SMS -- Phantasy Star, Golvellius, Alex Kidd

NES -- LoLo, Dungeon Magic, Duck Tales

Commodore -- some CRAZY text based MUD I could never beat.

Tandy -- Balloon Poppers

I think that's all.

My first system in the 80's was my SMS and I got Captain Silver with it along with the built in games. I loved the wonder boy series for it! Kick ass!

i liked sms although i myself owned a NES. all my friends had sms (called gemboy in korea; imported by samsung) and had seemingly cooler games, especially because where i lived (Korea), NES never became dominant, even in teh late 80s when hyundai (yes, the car company) officially imported NES's as 'cumboy' (sounds dirty, doesnt it?). most kids who had an 8-bit nintendo-compatable console had really cool looking pirated hk nintendo-clones with 100-in-1 games built-in. but those die fast (most last less than a year!)

it was always genesis (called supa gemboy/supa aladin boy; also imported by samsung) that got most attention. my dad actually went on a trip to the US and purchased the north american edition of nintendo, which, naturally, was incompatable with everything available. -_-

my favorite would have to be msx. those were so cool. everyone had them. i mean, EVERYONE, excluding me. they were made? imported? by daewoo (yes, once again, the car company) and most elementary schools in the 80s owned them for computer class. it was really cool because while you were supposed to be doing excercises on BASIC (it had built-in BASIC), you could simply pop a cart and start playing games. and everyone had the same mario clone for it. ####, got sidetracked again. but anyway, msx's were really cool and they were my favorite in the 80s.

Actually Akuma, the first one was my favorite, but I did have all three of the games and enjoyed playing them all. I know the first one was really hard but I was able to beat it, the thing that pissed me off was how Shredder at the end, wasnt really all that hard. Cyn, Lolo was one of my favorite games too! I would always be renting that game! (Never was able to buy it, cause it wasn't at my local Toys R Us) I can still remember bugging my dad to hook up my NES for me while the rest of my family was watching the movie that we had rented along with Lolo

daewoo lol they don't make just cars they make everything they even make guns. Sure this doesn't fit in with the topic but since it's a topic i started it doesn't matter to me lol. Since everyone is mentioning favorite games mine for the atari was tutankham and jungle hunt and obviously for the commador it was maniac mansion. I never had a nintendo and i didn't want a sega master system i could have bought both but i enjoyed the atari and commador too much. favorite nintendo game i played was duck hunt i'd always shoot the dog in the ass when he was jumping behind the bushes.

ok you want a great game, Ganster town, that game was as hard as #### and I loved it, great light phaser game, its funny when ya kill the gang member and when his souls ascending to heaven and you shoot it down! =)

Well, I was never exposed to much other than the NES, so I guess that makes it my #1 choice by elimination (although I LOOOOOVED my NES and my SNES to death, yet they are still very much alive :))

Well my ColecoVision ruled the block since everyone had the 2600, but i'd have to say my Nes ruled, at least untill my Genesis came along.

I'd have to go with my Apple IIe ... then the IIGS upgrade, though the GS was quite the disappointment. Still, I got YEARS of fun and good usage out of that machine.

As far as consoles go, I'd have to go with the Genesis. I went from the 2600 to a IIe to a Genny. The Apple kept the NES and SMS out of my life. Of course, through the wonder of emulation I am now able to enjoy all of it!!! If only I had more time on my hands.

Buck

gofamon: heh I picked up both it and the sequel at a junk sale a few years back shortly after my original copy died... and would you believe ive STILL never beaten either of them!? I don't have the patience to play them yet I can sit down and play Chu Chu Rocket for ages and ages... WTF?!

Anybody ever have a Vectrex?

And to make you all drool.... anyone remember the SMS demo machines set up in toy stores like Toys R Us that had 20 different games and two controllers... hooked up to one tv and you pressed a button to switch between games... ?? I managed to get one ;) It's pretty much an oversized SMS that you just plug the carts into and change the labels on the front.... anywho, its being repaired by a friend and I should have it in a month or two... once I get it set up I'll post some pics ;)

Quote: from buck16 on 5:03 pm on Jan. 14, 2002

I'd have to go with my Apple IIe ... then the IIGS upgrade, though the GS was quite the disappointment. Still, I got YEARS of fun and good usage out of that machine.

IIGS was a beast that no one could tame! all the iie games just ziiiiiped through and if i remember correctly, it did not feature two distinct apple-buttons, which was crucial in some games. i never really liked iigs -_-

Hmm, I believe the GS DID have two apple (open and closed) buttons. I had the upgrade (motherboard in a IIe case) so I can't be certain though I am fairly sure.

Anyway, if you had a joystick, that wasn't a problem.

The GS has some good stuff; Apple just didn't support it. 'Twas the Sega Saturn of it's day.

Buck

Back