Firefox 1.5 (beta 2)

it290

Established Member
Been using this beta on all my machines for a little while now. It really rocks. The improved forward/back feature is so fast that I'm still adjusting (so used to that little delay). If anyone is still using an older version, I highly recommend the upgrade. I've had absolutely no problems with it (seems more stable than 1.0.7 in fact). Some of your extensions/themes may need updating, but there are updates for all of the most popular ones already.

Yeah, pretty much the only thing that sucks about it is that animations and DHTML (especially DHTML that involves reflowing) uses way too much CPU. Fortunately, sites tend to suck roughly in direct proportion to their use of these features, so it ends up not being a huge problem.

Didn't like it still slughish and some extentions didn't work like the one to see negative feedback on ebay this being the sole reason why I installed FF.

Yeah, great stuff.

I had stability problems with Firefox since a few versions, so I tried this and it's very nice. I also like the way you can clear the cache, history, &c. on exiting.

Are you using any appearance hacks like StyleXP? If so, I would disable those, as they can cause weird issues sometimes.

Back