First Outrun 2 (Xbox) Review!

That crazy site from across the pond, Kikizo, has the first review of the home version of Outrun 2.

Apparently, much replay value has been added to the game, particularly due to Mission Mode, which features 101 missions. They really make it sound excellent, and I'm quite looking forward to getting it once it gets here.

Best line of the review: "OutRun2 is the gaming equivalent of sex with the prom queen. "

:banana

Outrun 2 is finally at an arcade near me, and boy is it freakin awesome.. I can't wait till this comes out on xbox later this year..... sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet :cheers :agree :agree

Originally posted by reX dart: eskimo spy@Sep 20, 2004 @ 06:37 PM

That crazy site from across the pond, Kikizo, has the first review of the home version of Outrun 2.

Apparently, much replay value has been added to the game, particularly due to Mission Mode, which features 101 missions. They really make it sound excellent, and I'm quite looking forward to getting it once it gets here.

Best line of the review: "OutRun2 is the gaming equivalent of sex with the prom queen."

:banana

You know, sometimes that's not always a good thing...

:lol: :p

Originally posted by reX dart: eskimo spy+Sep 20, 2004 @ 06:37 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(reX dart: eskimo spy @ Sep 20, 2004 @ 06:37 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>Best line of the review: "OutRun2 is the gaming equivalent of sex with the prom queen."

:banana [/b]
<!--QuoteBegin-RolfWrenWalsh@Sep 23, 2004 @ 07:10 AM

You know, sometimes that's not always a good thing...

:lol: :p
[/quote]

Go on, tell me when that could be a bad thing.

I got the Xbox version today, having played the arcade version to death I was expecting it to be good but it has managed to be even better :). If it had just been the arcade game well converted I'd have been happy to be honest, so all the extra stuff is a real bonus. Some of the missions sound quite odd, but work really well. Doing maths whilst driving is something I certainly wouldn't have thought of putting in a game, but it's strangely entertaining. It's not easy either - getting AAA rankings in all the challenges will keep you busy for a LONG time.

It does have it's bad points though, apparently it lags like hell online though I haven't tried it myself. And the framerate does stutter on occasion which can be a little offputting when your eyes are glued to it with concentration, but nothing too bad really.

Of course, the best thing about it is that we've got it first for a change ;)

I should be getting Outrun 2 soon, just waiting for it to be delivered. I'm Not usualally a driving game fan but with this I'll make a exception.

I dont have Live but what I've heard about the online part is that its loads better then Burnout 3's.

Wow, I'm really looking forward to this game now. Sadly, I think I'm going to have to wait until Christmas for it. :(

I'm saving my money for Otogi 2. :)

In regards to the lag in online play, it really does seem as if lag is a problem in online games across the board. In every review of an online game I've ever read, people report problems with lag. Is this problem really going to be resolved without everyone getting T1 connections? Although, I have limited experience online, so maybe I don't know what I'm talking about.

By the way Myname, we totally get Otogi 2 first. :devil:

Originally posted by reX dart: eskimo spy@Oct 1, 2004 @ 04:04 PM

By the way Myname, we totally get Otogi 2 first. :devil:

[post=120164]Quoted post[/post]​

haha, 3 days and counting!!! :banana

Back