free speech is a bad thing, apparently

My experience at another gaming forum led me to the belief that "freedom of speech" is universally hated. If you DARE say, do or write ANYTHING the majority doesn't agree with, you will be called out for it. And you ARE NOT allowed to do as you please in your spare time, because if they find out you don't live life as they think everyone should, they will call you out for it.

Then again, maybe I'm just the jerkoff here for daring to think America isn't the greatest nation on Earth. How DARE I question it?

Or then again, maybe I'm just a dumb bastard for thinking these gaming forums mean much. I've yet to come across one that was known for being very friendly towards people. If someone isn't throwing a hissy fit over the prices I try to sell things for, then they're whining that I don't fall in line with their personal beliefs.

I especially get annoyed when someone cries, moans and makes personal threats whenever I throw something unsellable in the garbage to be rid of it. I couldn't sell a Hori Gamecube GB Player controlelr at a fair price and got sick of lowball offers so I cut the cord off and tossed it. My property, I'll do with it as I please. People got mad that I didn't hand it to them for free instead. No. If you don't want to buy it, you don't automatically get it for free.

I have a Nintendo 64 I want to sell but if no one buys it by Friday, it's being thrown in the trash. People are getting mad about this, but no one wants to actually BUY it, so why are they getting so angry? THEY do not want it anyway, so what do THEY care?

Diosoth said:
My experience at another gaming forum led me to the belief that "freedom of speech" is universally hated. If you DARE say, do or write ANYTHING the majority doesn't agree with, you will be called out for it. And you ARE NOT allowed to do as you please in your spare time, because if they find out you don't live life as they think everyone should, they will call you out for it.
Freedom to criticize people is part of freedom of speech.

ExCyber said:
Freedom to criticize people is part of freedom of speech.

True as that may be ExCyber, it does become a (for a lack of a better word)problem when it is the ONLY thing you hear.

Diosoth, whats the point of throwing it out if you can get even a little money for it. It may not be your asking price but it is still some money. More than you get for throwing it away. Hell you could even donate it to familys in need. That is better than throwing perfectly good stuff out. Yes it is your stuff but it is extremely wasteful to throw out operational goods.

Hi guys,

I have read that a February 8, 2005, conference at the Gleacher Center in Chicago, I had hoped to hear a thorough philosophical defence of free speech and its true implications for a society that valued individual rights. I had good reason to expect this, given the title of the conference: "Creative and Artistic Subversions of Free Speech Limitations".

Thanks for sharing this view,

Back