FS: v5 DMS3 v2 PS2 *Works Great*

Hello All, got a Great working V5 ps2 with a dms3 v2 modchip installed in it for Sale. It has worked pretty well for the time we have had it, and works great with all the burns we have (we mostly got the blue labelled optodisc). We are in Canada, and do not mind shipping wherever, just as long as the buyer pays shipping (unless the offer is really good). Just please, make offers in this thread. Thank you!

Dude, you've got to do better than that.

The forum rules are that prices must be stated.

Aight mal, i posted same thing on a bunch of boards so i forgot about the price thing here.

Anyways, $240 + shipping will cover it. Great damn system. Let me know guys!

I don't mean to be an ass or anything... but heres a breakdown.

New in box PS2 - 179.99

Modchip - $50.00 (round about)

thats $230 for a brand new modded PS2. The one you're selling is used, it's not worth anywhere near $240. Unless you mean $240 Canadian.

Again, don't mean to be an ass, but if youre asking for USD for this thing, thats really high.

Well you sure are making your self seem like an ass. I take it you forget installation for chips and such? ASWELL, this is a DMS3 chip, which goes for more then 50 dollars.I really do not like how people post shit, and yet do not know the facts. Whatever man, if you won't pay, then don't reply..

i gotta agree with protosstic. usually the installs for messiah2/dms are around $50 from what ive seen, so his price is pretty fair. would be even better if it included shipping. but honestly you're probably not going to sell it here mate. one the price (which i already said isnt bad at all but most people here wont buy stuff over $10) and the nature of the item (being non SEGA). if you really want to get it off your hands try the ps2ownz forums. if anything you could get a decent trade out of it. just looking out for ya.

Hey Dyne. Thank you for your words. Well I did post it on ps2ownz, among many other forums. However my decision for posting on SegaXtreme was that the community is pretty good, and I wanted to give them a chance to look at it/pick it up. Anyways, if anybody is interested in buying it, all they need to do is reply/email me. Thanks!

Not quite true on that nobody will buy over $10, I sold a bundle of mine for $400 + Shipping.

Yay Hehe. Well all, this is a great ps2, it's being replaced by my new v9, which has progressive scan DVD playback, so for the price I am asking, it's well worth it.

~Mark

I agree with Punjabee, the price is too expensive for a used PS2 with the mod chip. I also disagree with "most people here wont buy stuff over $10)". That is nonsense. I have bought things from here from many people, some totalling over $300 bucks. I have spent "mucho dinero" buying stuff from this forum!

Lyzel your entitled to your opinion, however I do not appreciate how both of you are just complaining and crapping in my thread. I never do that to anybody else's threads, and i would expect better from the community of this board. Like i said, if you guys don't feel it to be reasonable, then fine, you are entitled to your opinion, however plz don't destroy my thread..

Thanks

Hrms, well, Hello? this is a forum. If what is being sold on here is more than what it is worth, I will speak up. You don't have to listen to me. You sell it at your own price, and/or thing... But anyone that reads this is entitled to read what others have to say.

New PS 2 : $179.00

DMS3 Mod : $48.00 ((on this site).

Total : $227 + tax/s/h

That's brand new! Used PS2 sell for approx $130 bucks + s/h/tax. You do the math? In the end, your asking price is unreasonable to any smart shopper. You may be able to sell it to an idiot for this much.

You forget... its still used, and anyone who charges more than $15-20 for installation of ANYTHING is a vulture. I don't even charge for installation of a territory switch, or mod-board in saturns at all. Granted it's not as complicated as the PS2 install, but still.

RustyDog (www.get-modded.com) will install an Xbox chip, along with Evo-X, and any other pertinent software (that is not "ROMzzz" related) for $60. That's including the chip, and return shipping of your 13 lb. X-box, with insurance, via fed-ex. I don't even know where the cost of the actual chip comes in. Last i heard they were like $40. Be pissed about it, it's no skin off my back, you'll be the one that ends up with an unsold ps2. (a used one that is).

I think the price is also too high for a used unit. However, in his defense, I will say that the ps2 mod chip is MUCH more difficult to install than an xbox mod chip. Not only is it more than twice as many wires, but all the solder points are smaller, and many of the points are soldering directly to the legs of IC's.

Also considering that it becomes even easier to install a Microsoft Xbox modchip if you buy a pogo-pin adapter... Or even cheaper if you have someone that can lend you a modchip, so you can flash your system's TSOP.

This really ticks me off, how I am getting fucked over like this with all these damn negative replies. I ain't going into half of your damn threads causing shit, complaining about prices. Ticks me off how I actually thought that for the most part I would have the least amount of problems posting here, and yet, this is the only place where people are being asses. Listen, if you don't like the price, make an offer, if you wanna complain, then don't reply. Have some common courtesy.

jeez, we aren't trying to piss you off mr. inferiority complex, if someone else was selling something at a high price, and you were interested in buying, we'd warn you it was too high as well.

I bet you wouldn't be bitching and moaning then.

In any case, I've put my opinion up. Now the other thing I'll say is, there is now like 2 pages of warnings not to buy it at this price cause people here feel it isn't worth that. I don't think we need any more posts on the subject of thinking it's too high, or an disagreement about people being able to post their opinions.

Back