Full motion video playback on the Sega Saturn?

Hello there! This is my first post over here.
smile.gif

I've been messing around with Saturn Orbit for a while now, compiled a few working applications. (mainly simple applications that display backgrounds & sprites) , but now I'd like help in something more complex. I'd like to create an application that plays a Cinepak or TrueMotion file on the Sega Saturn. The thing is, I don't know exactly where to start.

I've used AviToSaturn, it created a *.cpk file for me. But I don't know how to write code to play Cinepak video... and I can't find any documentation or whatsoever. I don't know about TrueMotion.

Well the thing is: I just want to play some full motion video on the Saturn, it doesn't matter if it's Cinepak or TrueMotion. Is there any documentation that can help? Or sample code?

Thanks in advance!
biggrin.gif

SaturnOrbit includes all the Duck TM1 stuff, including the sample code. You'll find the example in SaturnOrbit\DUCK\SATURN\SEGASMP\DUK. I couldn't locate anything for cinepak other than SEGA's .h file for their library - no sample code or even a doc on it. You'd probably be better off swiping the cinepak code from ffmpeg if you want to play cinepak files.

Chilly Willy said:
SaturnOrbit includes all the Duck TM1 stuff, including the sample code. You'll find the example in SaturnOrbit\DUCK\SATURN\SEGASMP\DUK. I couldn't locate anything for cinepak other than SEGA's .h file for their library - no sample code or even a doc on it. You'd probably be better off swiping the cinepak code from ffmpeg if you want to play cinepak files.

I found what I was looking for in that folder. Thank you so much!
smile.gif

keeptryin said:
I found what I was looking for in that folder. Thank you so much!
smile.gif

No problem. Of course, the FUN part is actually making the movies... I set up Windows 3.11 on dosbox and installed the DUK software. Needless to say, it's a might slow. That's one of the bigger problems with TM1/2 - no modern encoders.

Back