Attachments

• snessaturn.jpg
    snessaturn.jpg
    444.1 KB · Views: 101
  • snessaturn.jpg
    snessaturn.jpg
    444.1 KB · Views: 102
Games & emus worth porting

This looks like.....wow, so it works now on your computer, great! Thanks for these shots, you must have been quite patient, since it's an emu running on an emu...

I'm really glad it works for you now :)

Thanks a lot! :banana

Those screens are really impressive ... good work Rockin-B ! (same for VBT, in a different way :p )

As for games worth porting, there's xrick (a Rick Dangerous clone). It's already been ported to the DS, GP32 and Gamecube. A fun game, as those from the c64/atari st/amiga era should remember.

Originally posted by vbt+Mon, 2006-05-01 @ 11:12 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(vbt @ Mon, 2006-05-01 @ 11:12 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>Tested on W98 and latest Yabause :)

post-895-1146517909.jpg

[post=145996]Quoted post[/post]​

[/b]

<!--QuoteBegin-Rockin'-B
@Mon, 2006-05-01 @ 11:43 PM

This looks like.....wow, so it works now on your computer, great! Thanks for these shots, you must have been quite patient, since it's an emu running on an emu...

I'm really glad it works for you now :)

Thanks a lot! :banana

[post=145998]Quoted post[/post]​

[/quote]

New sources of snes9x were released :

http://files.ipherswipsite.com/snes9x/

One of the games that would be fun porting it to SEGA Saturn is LinCity (or LinCity-NG, read on).

It's a 2d topdown viewed city simulation game inspired by, but fundamentally different to SimCity.

The resolution is about 640x480 pixel and could be implemented with hires and double interlace (maybe with VGA output, too?) on Saturn.

power.png

lincity-cs2.jpg

However, the graphics may look a bit dated, since development wasn't very much since 1999.

Today, I've just noticed that there is a new fork with much better graphics and new sound, it's called LinCity-NG (New Graphic)

Menus2.png

View the hires version here.

This game would be fun on SEGA Saturn! A nice candidate for a port, maybe even the New Graphics version.

Links:

LinCity-NG homepage

LinCity (classic version) homepage

RockinB said:
Oh yeah, this got me thinking again about hardware rendering support in my snes9x port...

:) sure you will get speed, just a question, was the asm core really faster than the C core ?

vbt said:
just a question, was the asm core really faster than the C core ?

Absolutely, very significantly. But the asm cores haven't been updated for years, they would need to be synchronized to the state of the C core.

Chui and Fox68k think that the asm core of snes9x is not very efficient. The sh4 (and so the sh2 version) itself is just a 1-to-1 conversion of the original i386 core.

I'm not sure if you can get a similar benefit with FAZE, because you already achieved big speedups with better C cores.

RockinB said:
Absolutely, very significantly. But the asm cores haven't been updated for years, they would need to be synchronized to the state of the C core.

Chui and Fox68k think that the asm core of snes9x is not very efficient. The sh4 (and so the sh2 version) itself is just a 1-to-1 conversion of the original i386 core.

Oh ok, so its fast anyway but could be faster :) You could try it on easier emu. (NES,TG16)

I'm not sure if you can get a similar benefit with FAZE, because you already achieved big speedups with better C cores.

Sure Cz80 is really really fast but if I get 10% of speed more games will run at full speed. Then this project will be finished (well backup feature will miss).

GeneRally looks great, it seems to be a 3d racing game made with DirectX 8. From the system requirements and graphics, this game would suite perfectly to be ported to Saturn. But I guess most of todays racing games use floating point math...

But: where is the source code?

RockinB said:
GeneRally looks great, it seems to be a 3d racing game made with DirectX 8. From the system requirements and graphics, this game would suite perfectly to be ported to Saturn. But I guess most of todays racing games use floating point math...

But: where is the source code?

The is not the source code. I saw on the forum that htey talk about a gameboy version so maybe it possible to port it.

Attachments

• GR_DMG01.jpg
    GR_DMG01.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 117

vbt said:
The is not the source code. I saw on the forum that htey talk about a gameboy version so maybe it possible to port it.

This is just a gameboy-like palette for use with the original GeneRally, it's not a port to gameboy.

I wrote an e-mail regarding a port, but haven't received a reply. This game would fit perfectly, but I guess there is no chance to port it.

Back