Getting an MP3 Player...

2 guys here in my office got nomads, they kept breaking on both of them, both of em finally went out and got ipods after like 2 or 3 each. They adviced me to purchase ipod for its durability factor.

They said the nomad could hardly handle a fall out of the lap while sitting in there office chair. Thats bad with how big and clunky they are. Make sure it has a warranty before you go and spend all that money.

I concur. The iPod is a bit more expensive, but very much worth it as it is very durable. Mine has withstood many a drop onto concrete and survives to this day. Also, a 10 gig ipod shouldnt run you more than $200

And i have 3737 posts. Kooky

I owe a 20gb iPod and love it. Works like a charm, do yourself a favor, wait till you get the money for one, don't get a nomad.

If you get an iPod just hope the battery doesn't die right after your warranty expires. Apple likes to charge some god awful amount to have then replace it. You can't do it youself unless you're prepared for iPod surgery.

I never miss an opportunity to tell people not to buy from Creative Labs. Seriously. The company's tech support seems to consist entirely of "reinstall the driver", and I think I've only ever owned one Creative product (out of three that I can think of off the top of my head) that hasn't given me trouble.

Recently Apple started offering a battery replacement plan. I thought it was around $30 to replace. At one time though, you pretty much had to buy a new one.

Originally posted by ExCyber@Jun 30, 2004 @ 08:14 PM

I never miss an opportunity to tell people not to buy from Creative Labs. Seriously. The company's tech support seems to consist entirely of "reinstall the driver", and I think I've only ever owned one Creative product (out of three that I can think of off the top of my head) that hasn't given me trouble.

yes... great products... poor tech support... since my sb2. I got better support from the "talking parrot" than creative's crew.

Back