GiriGiri with filtering

hi there

does anyone know where i can get a plugin or a version of GiriGiri with bilinear filtering i go mad if i must play Panzer Dragoon Saga without texture correction and all other saturn emulator aren´t able to emulate this game correct

i´ve already saw some pics of GiriGiri with texture filtering but i don´t find such a version

thx for help

The filtered pics you saw probably came from a system that had filtering turned on through the driver. I know you can force antialiasing on Nvidia cards, you can probably do the same with ATi cards...

From my experience with GiriGiri (the hacked sega one), it looks a little better for some things because of the higher resolution. But overall, things look way better on a real Saturn. I don't know that forcing aniso filtering really helped all that much, in fact it tended to blur the 2d sprites in SF III.

From my experience with GiriGiri (the hacked sega one), it looks a little better for some things because of the higher resolution. But overall, things look way better on a real Saturn. I don't know that forcing aniso filtering really helped all that much, in fact it tended to blur the 2d sprites in SF III.

I should've posted pics from Quake and Powerslave.

Saturn Quake looks almost like GL Quake on GiriGiri, when I get the bilinear to work. Same for PowerSlave. And the water effect in quake looks a *lot* smoother, even without filtering.

AFAIK, I was the only one who ever got bilinear filtering in GiriGiri. It was due to a strange combination of my GeForce2 MX400 and some specific Win98SE Detonator drivers. My GF2 was oddly enforcing bilinear filtering under DirectX, even if you specifically turn it off (I noticed it while I was doing some dev'ing). I even tought GiriGiri ran with BF by default, but later I noticed it was my card's fault.

I tried to reproduce the effect in Win2K, but it was useless. To this day, I could not find a way to enforce bilinear filtering on D3D applications.

Of course, you can still use anti-aliasing for some smoother graphics. But it'll never be as smooth as this:

nights_120.jpg

>;)

If GiriGiri is using Direct3D or OpenGL acceleration, any Radeon user should be able to force bilinear or trilinear using the anisotropic filtering settings.

That screen is perty :). I want Sat emulation to increase further just go I can go buy a monitor and have it running w/ a bunch of filters and at an insane resolution on a 19'' monitor :). That would be insane...

Originally posted by M3d10n@Oct 10, 2003 @ 02:40 PM

I tried to reproduce the effect in Win2K, but it was useless. To this day, I could not find a way to enforce bilinear filtering on D3D applications.

this is what made me ask

A few pictures I took with my Radeoncard using 6x AntiAliasing and 16x AnisotrophicFiltering.

Sega Rally.

sega_rally_6.jpg

sega_rally_5.jpg

sega_rally_7.jpg

Panzer Dragoon Saga.

panzer_3.jpg

panzer_5.jpg

panzer_7.jpg

Fighters Megamix.

fighters_1.jpg

fighters_3.jpg

fighters_7.jpg

Panzer Dragoon Zwei.

panzer_zwei_1.jpg

panzer_zwei_5.jpg

panzer_zwei_6.jpg

Pretty cool although the "bugs" become far more obvious when using filtering.

Back