Grrrr

Must agree... but we could (sort of) see signs of this when Headhunter was announced for a Euro only release...

Even though knowing I invested in a system that was going to be discontinued, this really hits home that theres not much time left...

*sniff*

Very sad to see that one of the best systems and especially a Sega one is going down like this ..

I wish we can help somehow ... i really love Sega and dont want dreamcast to be history.

Anyway .. i think things can be fixed .. and sooner or later Sega will be back better than ever.

I'd like to say one thing: (not really relevant, but its a good point, so bear with me)

The moment EA shafted Sega (around FIFA 98 i think), I lost all faith in them, especially after they got their footing on the Genny/MD...

Sega shafted em right back by releasing WWS on the Saturn, and the 2K titles on the DC...

For once, EA has some decent competition...

scratch that

EA is getting KILLED in the sports video game category by sega... a company who's been leading sports v. games for 10 years, gets beaten by a company whos been making em for 5...

go sega :)

Ok, you may continue... ;)

I find it interesting the Sega is continuing on with the translation for release in Europe...In a way, they left the door open to the hardcroe fan to get a subtitled version of the game. How much could it cost? 50 bucks?

Are any places taking pre-orders for a Euro version of it?

Trying...to...contain...fury!...must...not...burn...down...sega HQ...

(Note: I have not been this mad at sega sience they droped the saturn, If I do something crazy like start rambling madly, pay no attantin...ok...losing control...ending post befor I hurt someone...)

You know the sickening part? Shenmue 2 is coming out in like EVERY country the first came out in for DC. Why doesn't sega just have it come out for DC and XBOX? In my opinion, I tyhink MS bought them out in this cases, just like they do to every company. (I hate MS, Sony, Nintendo keeps making mistakes (ex: new zelda and mini dvd's) plus now sega is becoming MS's bitch!, oh what a world :( )

crap DC is officialy DEAD now in the US, I was going to buy the game but now I think I will just go find it on CDR. I may boycott sega games in the future. OR atleast go out of my way to pirate them.

Wow...you guys need to relax. I'm bummed about it not being on DC too, but so what. MS has done nothing other than do what it takes to win over market share. They have done nothing illegal or even a little shady. Why weren't you guys pissed off when Sony signed (paid off) Square? Why weren't you guys pissed when Nintendo "lured" the Resient Evil franchise to their Gamecube? Why the double standard?

It seems to me that many of you hold Microsoft to an incredibly unfair standard. Sony, Nintendo, and even Sega (when they were able to afford it) have done the exact same thing.

Business-wise, it actually makes a lot of sense. Do you know how many copies of Shenmue 2 sold in Japan? 125,000 games sold! That's it! Do you know how many copies of Sonic Adventure 2 were sold here in the States? Less than 300,000! Not a single game released on the DC has sold over a million in almost a year! That's pretty lame considering the 4.5 million userbase Sega has in the US, don't you think?

Absorb those numbers and the reality becomes clear...continue to throw your money away at a dying console or salvage what you can and develop on others. If they had released it on the DC first, then it would have been a "port" and not a game worthy of the fanfare and hoopla that Microsoft will be throwing at it when it launches. Remember the Final Fantsy VII commercials for the Playstation? That's what you can expect when it is finally released. Can you see that kind of fanfare over a game that has already released on another system? No.

I, for one, will still be playing Shenmue this winter...it just means importing.

They have done nothing illegal or even a little shady.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and assume that you didn't intend this statement to apply to MS's behavior in general...

Quote: from ExCyber on 8:35 pm on Oct. 12, 2001

They have done nothing illegal or even a little shady.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and assume that you didn't intend this statement to apply to MS's behavior in general...

LOL, I meant as far as this business is concerned. No one is squeaky claen. Microsoft the least of them. My point was that they all do questionable things from time to time but nobody seems to mind...until now.

Well, I minded a lot before when sony tried to destroy Bleem! for DC, they don't care if they do things the legal way or not. That was one of many reasons I hate sony. If you want info on what I am talking about, go to Bleem!'s web site and youl find some interesting info on sony and their market tactics.

Yea, I read bill Gates book "road to success" and another one that told the history of microsoft. I couldn't belive how increadably evil they were after reading those books. Microsoft is probably the most evil of all companies to EVER exist. They don't care about anything or anyone, in fact, the only thing they care about is their big fat check books.

Just for the record, I can't stand Sony. After spending the last few years working for a company that has been in direct competition with them, I've seen it first hand how Sony desimates its competition. Much the way Microsoft does...Buying up talent and then selling it back to you.

I guess it matters more the closer you are to it. Since I don't work in the PC industry, nor do I follow the PC gaming industry, it's never really bothered me. But if you plan on buying the products from only "respectable"

businessmen, you won't be able to buy much. You know what I mean?

Yea, as far as I am concerned, the only respectable people in the didgetal industry are squaresoft, and LucasArts, both of wich seem to have ran out of ideas for new stuff years ago.

Back