Gunstar Heroes released on PS2

Well, I knew. Check the topic below this one. :p

It's a pretty nice compilation for only three games. Here's the contents of the disc:

GUNSTAR HEROES

- Japanese Megadrive version

- North American Genesis version

- Prototype Megadrive version

- Japanese Game Gear Version

DYNAMITE HEADDY

- Japanese Game Gear version

- Brazilian Master System version

ALIEN SOLDIER

- European Megadrive version

I actually had a ROM of the prototype Gunstar Heroes before getting this game. I never expected to own an actual copy of it.

It also includes a lot of design documents, manual scans (both Japanese and overseas versions when applicable), and official art. Everything is unlocked from the start, save for the "Lunatic Gunstar" design document that is unlocked once you beat the Japanese Gunstar Heroes for the first time (on any difficulty).

Alien Soldier contains a stage select feature and a few other crutches to help the less hardcore among us get accustomed to the game.

There's a feature that allows you to record and play back your own replays. The disc comes packaged with a couple superplays.

The Brazilian Master System port of Dynamite Headdy includes an English script of the game.

There are enough video options to please just about anybody, including the best fake scanlines I've ever seen. Sound emulation is a little wonky though. It's not "bad," but it might grate on the nerves of anybody who's played any of these games extensively beforehand.

Originally posted by Sixfortyfive@Sat, 2006-03-18 @ 08:28 AM

Well, I knew. Check the topic below this one. :p

It's a pretty nice compilation for only three games. Here's the contents of the disc:

GUNSTAR HEROES

- Prototype Megadrive version

- Japanese Game Gear Version

[post=145159]Quoted post[/post]​

:eek:mg:

A prototype on a legitimate release...now if Sega would only dig around and see if there are any Sonic protos, and do the same thing (make it an unlockable), then I'd immediately buy the game, and so would many others.

Back