HDLOADER for PS2!

Originally posted by Lyzel@Jun 17, 2004 @ 06:30 PM

It may no longer be necessary to mod your ps2! Look at this link.

What do you think?

-may-

Still, DVD9 games seen not to be compatible at all.

Does anyone know how this works (with detail)?

it still needs to be modded for it to work, and the tool is apparently still quite flawed. for 30$ it's way too expensive in my opinion, especially without a way to upgrade for free.

Originally posted by Arakon@Jun 18, 2004 @ 02:31 AM

it still needs to be modded for it to work, and the tool is apparently still quite flawed. for 30$ it's way too expensive in my opinion, especially without a way to upgrade for free.

I'm sure people all over are really burnt up about still needing mod chips to pirate games. :D

No. On the F.A.Q section of their website. It said you don't have to mod your playstation 2 to use this program.

Originally posted by Arakon@Jun 17, 2004 @ 09:31 PM

Only if you want to backup illegal games.

Maybe you do not even need a modchip... who knows...

People will start renting a lot of games ^^;

Originally posted by Des-ROW@Jun 18, 2004 @ 12:11 AM

Only if you want to backup illegal games.

Maybe you do not even need a modchip... who knows...

People will start renting a lot of games ^^;

I'd assume that you wouldn't need a modchip, if it's reading off a harddrive it probably isn't looking for the security stuff anymore.

Personally I'm sick of these people making stuff like this and beating around the bush about it being used for illegal purposes. Playstation 2 load times are not unbearable, switching discs is not a big fucking deal; that product is for playing downloaded games w/o having to burn them onto a DVD-R. They should just say it, they'll get sued either way. That's the way it seems to me anyway.

Originally posted by mountaindud@Jun 18, 2004 @ 02:38 AM

Personally I'm sick of these people making stuff like this and beating around the bush about it being used for illegal purposes. Playstation 2 load times are not unbearable, switching discs is not a big fucking deal; that product is for playing downloaded games w/o having to burn them onto a DVD-R. They should just say it, they'll get sued either way. That's the way it seems to me anyway.

In a "way" they said it. The software says not to be compatible with any DVD9 games, and like we all know, DVD9 games get DVD5 rips.

If you check the screenshots from the site, one of them has "Xenosaga" listed... a DVD9 game

Originally posted by Des-ROW@Jun 18, 2004 @ 02:45 AM

In a "way" they said it. The software says not to be compatible with any DVD9 games, and like we all know, DVD9 games get DVD5 rips.

If you check the screenshots from the site, one of them has "Xenosaga" listed... a DVD9 game

I suppose, that too, but:

Using HDLoader to run your games from a hard disk drive

was a little more attention-grabbing for me.

Originally posted by Lyzel@Jun 17, 2004 @ 06:30 PM

It may no longer be necessary to mod your ps2!?! Look at this link.

What do you think?

if you plan on using burned or downloaded games you still need a modchip.

I did buy the thingy.... You know I am teh kind of guy that when bleemcast for GT2 was announced was capable of going into teh Chicago Slums mall to find a copy and returned in less than 30 minutes via subway to a bussines dinner.

In other words, when theer is software that has no chance of surviving commercially by any reason, or that allows to make something with a console without modifying it.. I am there (Thsi hasn't taken me too far, I must admit).

Well, I do have the thing for testing purposes, since I never use modchips or buy backups. I thought it would be pretty nice it it let me ran imports so I wouldn't have to change the component cables and teh optical input in my HT (which it doesn't).

I've read about it in the forums, and no, it doesn't allow for backups to be copied or played unless you already had a modchip. So the only real use is to have games load faster, and not DVD 9 games (like Substance for instance).

My review.. interesting thingy, but that's all..

And yes, rentals could go up. but since there are no game rentals where I live I couldn't care less and being as I am, if tehre is a game I like, I would go and try to find it.

Back