home entertainment system

I'm thinking of getting one(figure what the fuck i wanted a better sound system for my computer why not get one for everything)

any suggestions? (i'm looking to spend around 400 dollars)

If you just want a nice sounding system get a sansui g9000, if you want a new fancy optical in 5.1 blah blah I dunno

Go to Crutchfield.com and pick out the best receiver your money can buy

Most brands they sell are nice -- just don't get Sony

I love my surround sound by sony I've never had problems with it. If you really want a surround sound experience watch jurrasic park, it's fantastic.

I've got to agree... stay away from sony home entertainment products. The ps2 might be cool... but every other sony home entertainment device I've had I've been disapointed with.

So you want an all-in-one?

don't expect the speakers to be that great

also make sure it has plenty of AV connections for your systems unless you want AV switches to add on

dunno if kenwood has gotten any better... but we 'had' a kenwood cd player... and over the 4 years or so we had it... it went in for repairs a good 6 times.

I have a SONY reciever and it is working just fine.. 2+ years..

Don't know what you guys are talking about.. Im running a huge system too. :smash

Originally posted by Jaded God@Jul 21, 2003 @ 03:43 AM

I have a SONY reciever and it is working just fine.. 2+ years..

Don't know what you guys are talking about.. Im running a huge system too. :smash

Pretty much every Sony thing I've had has broken in short amount of time.

Heard many similar testimonies from other people.

PLus you are paying extra for the name -- really

Maybe Sony's older products are more reliable.

We've had a Sony stereo for 6+ years and it works fine; had a Discman (the original oldskool CD player) since it came out and it just stopped working good.

Hell, my Sony receiver is over 10 years old. I also have a Sony TV and a sony cassette deck that are 6 or 7 years old. And I too have an old school diskman thats like 6 years old. And for more recent, I have a last run Trinitron before they went to the "Wega's". I have never, with the exception of the PS2, had a Sony product go out on me.

The Truth prevails, Racket
laugh.gif

I've got a Sony TV that's now 7 years old and a video that's 5 years old and they're both working well.

Back